amuck-landowner

List of community links.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Hey everyone! I wanted to make and share a list of off-site vpsBoard URLs. I'll add onto this list as needed. :)

vpsBoard projects and links:

• DailyServerDeals.comhttp://vpsboard.com/forum/34-daily-server-deals/ - As most of you are likely aware from threads like this one and this we've started a new project, 'Daily Server Deals'. The site has been custom built from the ground up specifically for the submission of offers from vpsBoard community member, Novacha. The project is open source and the public repo can be found here: http://git.vpsboard.com/Novacha/offerlistings The site publishes a new VPS or Dedicated Server each day at noon. There is a number of benefits to the website as discussed in the threads linked to above, but a quick recap would be: Fair posting of offers (posted in order offer is recieved), new offer posted daily at noon (giving each offer exactly 24 hours to be the first one seen), a detailed 'Find a plan' tool, provider profiles, offer subscriptions (get notified of new offers from your favorite company via email) and more.
  • git.vpsBoard.com - Speaking of cool projects, we've recently launched a free git hosting service! The main intent of this service is to have a local, in-house way to host projects provided by the community. View the thread and screenshots discussing this here: http://vpsboard.com/topic/2424-introducing-the-official-vpsboard-git-hosting-service-free/
  • Plug.DJ/vpsboard- As a replacement to the TurnTable.FM room (TurnTable.FM is no longer operating) there is the Plug.DJ room. I actually prefer Plug.DJ and it's not restricted (that I am aware of) to US based IPs only. So everyone should be able to participate. Come listen to music that community members and come chat. Spin some tracks and discover new music.
  • vpsBoard.com/irc - Come join vpsBoard members on IRC! Use the url listed to access freenode webchat, or connect with us using your preferred IRC client at irc.freenode.net #vpsboard . Currently 176 members online and active discussion at all hours!

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
And... please add this to the official list up top:

imgsu.vpsboard.com  -   jpg/png uploader  -   This is what we have started using for image uploads to vpsBoard.   It's a simple form to locate your file to upload and submit.   It will spit out TWO links for files if successful.

Images will only show up on vpsboard.com.   They will show bad referrer image otherwise.

Additionally, if you have referrer info off in your browser this tool will show you a 404 post upload.

It's beta, so feel free to make recommendations.

Novacha

Content Contributer
And... please add this to the official list up top:

imgsu.vpsboard.com  -   jpg/png uploader  -   This is what we have started using for image uploads to vpsBoard.   It's a simple form to locate your file to upload and submit.   It will spit out TWO links for files if successful.

Images will only show up on vpsboard.com.   They will show bad referrer image otherwise.

Additionally, if you have referrer info off in your browser this tool will show you a 404 post upload.

It's beta, so feel free to make recommendations.
What tool are you using to do this? Is it custom built? It looks good!

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
What tool are you using to do this? Is it custom built? It looks good!
I believe it's custom... At least for the site here it is... Unsure if  code base is original or something open source...

LusoVPS

Verified Provider
It's been replaced. Come join us at http://plug.dj/vpsboard . I'm actually a much bigger fan of plug.dj now than I was of TurnTable. The music source is YouTube and SoundCloud, meaning you can find pretty much anything, including live, out take or rare versions of songs. Pretty neat. A few of us are in there right now.
Can you explain to me what does the plug.dj is? It looks like some sort of an avatar that dances when I like the music. It reminds me of second life.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Can you explain to me what does the plug.dj is? It looks like some sort of an avatar that dances when I like the music. It reminds me of second life.
Think of it this way.

There's a room with a DJ stage.  Everyone can have a shot at playing music on that DJ Stage and just hang out while listening to the same music.  

So yeah 1 person equals an avatar and your avatar can dance and whatnot depending on what you rate the song.  It's simply there when a group of us just all hang out at the same time jamming out.  

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Think of it this way.

There's a room with a DJ stage.  Everyone can have a shot at playing music on that DJ Stage and just hang out while listening to the same music.  

So yeah 1 person equals an avatar and your avatar can dance and whatnot depending on what you rate the song.  It's simply there when a group of us just all hang out at the same time jamming out.  
Yep, this. Depending on your musical tastes it's a great to discover new music. Lots of different rooms for different genres, and you can snag songs as well to put on your own playlist. The vpsBoard room is hopeful, but we all have varying tastes in music for it to be really worthwhile, but it still exists just because. I moderate a Folk / Souls / Blues / Americana room on there where I spend most my time, though that's not the cup of tea that most tech folk listen to. I'll also spin some lesser known hip-hop artists, indie and some instrumental stuff in other rooms but usually stick to the other one as it's more my thing.

Eventually I'll get a bot made to hang out in the vpsBoard room that will respond to some commands and will auto-woot songs, so the new guys can get some points. I've seen some bots in other rooms that will give out information like, "This song was last played ... ", most popular/least-popular songs, artist info, etc. Pretty neat stuff. :)

notFound

Don't take me seriously!
Verified Provider
Yep, this. Depending on your musical tastes it's a great to discover new music. Lots of different rooms for different genres, and you can snag songs as well to put on your own playlist. The vpsBoard room is hopeful, but we all have varying tastes in music for it to be really worthwhile, but it still exists just because. I moderate a Folk / Souls / Blues / Americana room on there where I spend most my time, though that's not the cup of tea that most tech folk listen to. I'll also spin some lesser known hip-hop artists, indie and some instrumental stuff in other rooms but usually stick to the other one as it's more my thing.

Eventually I'll get a bot made to hang out in the vpsBoard room that will respond to some commands and will auto-woot songs, so the new guys can get some points. I've seen some bots in other rooms that will give out information like, "This song was last played ... ", most popular/least-popular songs, artist info, etc. Pretty neat stuff. :)
Well you can't really generalise what tech folk listen to, not all of us are crazy dubstep fanatics. I don't know how the vpsBoard community will fate there, because there isn't really a genre *everyone* will like.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Well you can't really generalise what tech folk listen to, not all of us are crazy dubstep fanatics. I don't know how the vpsBoard community will fate there, because there isn't really a genre *everyone* will like.
Woops. Sorry, you're right. I was only basing that on past plays, more so in the old turntable room. Not many have played in the vpsboard plug.dj room but I don't really lurk it as often as I'm usually elsewhere on plug.dj, I keep it on while I work throughout the day. In the old room, aside from the obvious trolls that would enter from time to time or the people who would 'dislike' every song that wasn't their own to try to get it to skip, there was a mix of rap, techno, dubstep, electronic, etc. It's all fine by me for the most part, always good hearing new things though. But with a diverse community obviously not everyone will agree with what sounds good. Different strokes for different folks. :)

amuck-landowner