amuck-landowner

Looking for a PHP-based script for viewing/sorting/searching log files.

KuJoe

Verified Provider
I have about 20GB worth of PuTTY log files that I want to dump onto a VPS so I can access them later if needed (I hate deleting stuff that's less than a year old). Any ideas of a simple PHP script that I can throw on a webserver and then put the log files into a directory and it can handle searches and display the files if needed? Thanks.

WebSearchingPro

VPS Peddler
Verified Provider
Edit: Yeah I think this is exactly what you're looking for.  
It does essentially what he is looking for but its not as simple as what he wants, the elasticsearch and java backend is rather hefty for something simple like that.

I've got creating something lightweight on my Todo list since many of the tools on the market are just not designed for VPS hosts, they are more for apache/web applications. Tools being graylog2, splunk, logstash ect.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
It does essentially what he is looking for but its not as simple as what he wants, the elasticsearch and java backend is rather hefty for something simple like that.

I've got creating something lightweight on my Todo list since many of the tools on the market are just not designed for VPS hosts, they are more for apache/web applications. Tools being graylog2, splunk, logstash ect.
Ehh true.  But there's no real perfect solution for it as far as I can tell haha. 

amuck-landowner