amuck-landowner

Looking for Dallas VPS

johnlth93

Hi,

I am looking for Dallas VPS with following specs

Any core of CPU is fine

1GB or more space (don't need much anyway)

96MB ~ 128MB RAM

100/1000mbps port is fine

500GB or more bandwidth

Debian 6 template (OpenVZ)

1 IPv4

Yearly payment is fine

TUN/PPP for vpn
Let me know what offer you can do for me.

Thanks,

John Lee

Last edited by a moderator:

ryanarp

Catalyst Host
Verified Provider
We still have stock of both of those plans actually. Thanks for the recommendation :)

clarity

You can't go wrong with Catalyst. I had my first experience with support just earlier today, and it was awesome. I had an issue with MySQL installation and AIO. They fixed it right up for me!

7ms pings from my house to the server. You can't beat that, and I am sure that would be good for your VPN.

GVH-Jon

Banned
We can do it for $10/year if you're interested. TierPoint facility in Dallas, TX. (and for those who have ColoCrossing paranoia, it's in ColoCrossing's rack space)

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Yeah, thanks @GVH-Jon.  Eventually the Colocrossing resellers will jump on board with being clear who/what is in the middle.

It's just the fair thing to disclose I think.   Know earlier in my life, I might have assumed by being in a facility I was dealing with the facility if something got upstreamed.  Also might have assumed I would be getting bandwidth from their house mix (which often isn't the case with companies in the middle).

Sorry to be a stickler.  I learned the hard way and trying to save others that costly iterative learning experience.

johnlth93

Is Dallas a must? Or would Jacksonville interest you? http://lg.crissic.net
Thanks for the offer but i need Dallas specifically this time.

We still have stock of both of those plans actually. Thanks for the recommendation  :)

Checked your website but it seem that the pricing it kinda off from my expectation.

I am looking for a roughly $15/year or < $2/month price point.

We're @ Internap Dallas. Contact us https://www.cloudshards.com/contact.php for a custom plan.

I am currently having 2 LA vps with you, i will hit you up with a ticket for custom plan.

I am loyal customer  :p

Jack

We can do it for $10/year if you're interested. TierPoint facility in Dallas, TX. (and for those who have ColoCrossing paranoia, it's in ColoCrossing's rack space)
Colocrossing's rackspace I love how you say "Rackspace" and not + "Network" as they don't have any actual bandwidth there it's all purchased from Quadranet... Also if you are luckily enough to be in a rack that another server gets attacked in you are usually down for a good 30-60 minutes, Good Luck Jon.

GVH-Jon

Banned
Colocrossing's rackspace I love how you say "Rackspace" and not + "Network" as they don't have any actual bandwidth there it's all purchased from Quadranet... Also if you are luckily enough to be in a rack that another server gets attacked in you are usually down for a good 30-60 minutes, Good Luck Jon.
Not from our experiences, no. CC is quick to nullroute in cases of DDoS attacks.

kunnu

Verified Provider
I was hosting my shared hosting account on Quadranet and they null route our IP even If someone attack on our server through DOS Attacker(hoic)

If your budget is $6 - $7/m then you can purchase a vps from ThrustVPS (dallas) and I will recommended you to always take a backup of your important files because of they are expert in terminating a vps by mistake.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
I was hosting my shared hosting account on Quadranet and they null route our IP even If someone attack on our server through DOS Attacker(hoic)

If your budget is $6 - $7/m then you can purchase a vps from ThrustVPS (dallas) and I will recommended you to always take a backup of your important files because of they are expert in terminating a vps by mistake.
Things really died down with Thrust once Rus left didn't they?

The nullroute isn't unreasonable, especially if the flood is decently sized.

Francisco

amuck-landowner