amuck-landowner

Looking for VPS in privacy oriented country.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I'll throw in here BuyVM's Luxembourg location. Decent privacy location + a company that gets customers privacy.

BuyVM over years as a customer has proven reliable and sensible about external inquiries.  Point there, I've hosted things crybabies on the internet haven't liked - whole suppression of free speech matters.  Internet crybabies have whined, sent DMCAs, etc.  

BuyVM folks just say something like 'We got another DMCA for you."

Since it's baseless bullying and legally neutered stupidity, in the shredder it goes.   They don't play ticket or email hockey with folks, they don't go leaking info, nor do they kick your butt as a customer.

BuyVM today does about zero to promote this fact and beneficial aspect of their operation.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
How is BuyVM in LU? I've got stuff in both their US locations and can't complain. Haven't had a need for a new VPS myself though, and in fact, am in the process of cancelling unused ones from various providers.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Sonwebhost seams to be your best bet for that vps give us a lookup be glad to help you out, enjoy
The Barbados Electronic Transactions Act protects data related to the "private affairs" of a person or business but I doubt that very many of the activities people typically use VPNs for would be protected by the ETA law.

The Electronic Transactions Act, which applies to all persons generating, sending, receiving, storing or otherwise processing electronic records, provides that information that has been obtained under or by virtue of the provisions of this Act, relating to the private affairs of a natural person or to any particular business, must not be disclosed without the consent of that person.
Barbados has a proposed Data Protection act which is in the draft stage (see http://unpan1.un.org/intradoc/groups/public/documents/TASF/UNPAN024631.pdf) so it might be better for the OP to wait until the legislation is finalized before taking up any hosting in Bridgetown since the privacy legal situation is still unclear in the country.

:p

mrblackhat

For offshore vps hosting with high privacy policy go with linuxssdvps.com located in Europe (Bulgaria) . I'm currently using them they allow you to host pretty much everything except of course child p*rn , p2p, torrents , hacking/spamming. I'm currently using them now using their Business Pro plan running gaming server and some websites.  They also offer 500Gbps protection as extra if you are under DDOS . Keep in mind that they are offering semi-managed support. If you are noob with Linux/VPS you can go for fullmanaged +cPanel/WHM but I cant remember the price of it just check it out.   They accept Bitcoin PayPal & Skrill.  Only Linux  /cheers .

EDIT: Like all hosting providers they do follow their local laws

Last edited by a moderator:

joepie91

For the Netherlands specifically: sorry to burst your bubble, but it's awful here from a privacy perspective. The Dutch government is one of the most invasive and privacy-violating ones in Europe, right along with that of the UK. The whole idea of the Netherlands being some kind of super liberal offshore haven is pretty much a myth. It hasn't been like that for at least 10-15 years, if not longer.
Not totally true, the ether is free for grab for intelligence agencies with a mandate by the government, yet these agencies have no jurisdiction on wired connections (like UTP, fiber or even COAX). If intelligence agencies want to tap a land line they have to get a court order to do this or the company cooperates on basis of "free will" with the intelligence agency in matter of national interest.
I live in the Netherlands, and am closely involved in (and keeping tabs on) activism and privacy here. It is absolutely true, and the authorities give absolutely no fucks about what is legal for them to do and what isn't (see also the "hacking back" scandal, for example). There are absolutely no repercussions whatsoever for Dutch agencies violating the laws on wiretapping legality.

The Netherlands looks good on paper, but the reality is different. It's also something that most of the population conveniently ignores (like the Dutch are generally very good at, also throughout history).

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner