• 250GB Dedicated HDD
  • 3GB Dedicated RAM
  • Linux or Windows OS
  • XEN Virtualization
  • 99.9% Uptime SLA
  • SolusVM Control Panel
  • 26$/m
Hi all

Looking for above specs (which I had from previous provider ) or better.

However, the provider has introduced a FUP and reduced cores and increased prices.....so am in the market for a new provider.

So request options. Would be buying one vps for regular testing with above specs immediately, second for production with 4-5 gb ram and if possible couple more processor cores, in two months and third for replication & backup (with above specs) in a different data center one month after that. Would like one provider and single billing and prices cheap/reasonable/competitive to above, for small one man firm, in location where US Dollar is multiplied by 65 (India).

My major issue is unmetered bandwidth. In an earlier provider I was billed huge amount due to some virus problem n automated billing and me not paying due attention, no fault of provider, of course. But since then, I always take unmetered options, with/without reduced bandwidth post fup. With the above provider, I barely used 10% of the fup, he introduced later. But this is an issue with me. I like the comfort of an unmetered bandwidth, though I won't probably be a heavy user.

Looked at option of using cloud providers like Amazon etc., but all seem to be much more expensive than vps options, though I would gain in dynamic vps launch. Of course, unlimited bandwidth is not possible with/without fup with them. But would like to know if there are any low cost options in that segment though. But just curiosity here, don't really expect to get anything. Checked only Amazon & Rackspace thoroughly.

Best regards & thanks.

Sanjay.

Last edited by a moderator:

wlanboy

Content Contributer
My major issue is unmetered bandwidth. In an earlier provider I was billed huge amount due to some virus problem n automated billing and me not paying due attention, no fault of provider, of course. But since then, I always take unmetered options, with/without reduced bandwidth post fup. With the above provider, I barely used 10% of the fup, he introduced later. But this is an issue with me. I like the comfort of an unmetered bandwidth, though I won't probably be a heavy user.

I would not ever posted that statement.

Tyler

Why Xen? What about KVM? KVM will open you up to a lot of other providers.

Xen is losing favor in communities, methinks, only to be replaced by KVM. 

sanjay_arora

Actually, few years back Xen used to be comparatively difficult to oversell, or at least I thought so. Standardized on Xen then...but can shift to KVM, only one existing vps to migrate, if this is not the case in kvm vs xen.

amuck-landowner