amuck-landowner

Looking to split a dedicated server (2 VMware VPSs available).

KuJoe

Verified Provider
I have a dedicated server I'm renting from WANSecurity (Kansas City, Missouri) and the specs are overkill for my needs now but I don't want to cancel it because I still use it but I only use a fraction of the resources. I'm looking for 2 people to split the server with to make things easier. So here's my offer:

4x 2.3GHz Cores (Intel Xeon L5520)

24GB DDR3 RAM

500GB Disk Space

Bandwidth will be shared (2.5TB on a 1Gbps port)

NATed IPv4 Addresses

VMWare ESXi vSphere Access

$25/month via Paypal

I can handle port forwarding requests for free or we can work out a price for a dedicated IP. IPv6 is not available yet but when it is I'll be happy to hand out IPs for it. Bandwidth is not monitored but if we near our 2.5TB of usage I'll just throttle the network until the 1st of the next month. I will turn off the network to avoid overages since this bandwidth is pricey.

Some random speed tests I ran from one of the VMs:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2804231951.png

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2804284063.png

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2804304311.png

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2820494580.png

The server DOES NOT COME WITH RAID. I do have multiple drives in the server so if you want I can setup 2x 250GB disks and you can do software RAID on the OS yourself but the ESXi installation is on a single drive so there is still a single point of failure.

No support, SLAs, or any guarantees are offered. This was mainly used for development and has been running strong for a few months but all usage is at your own risk. I can split up your resources into multiple VMs if you'd like so you can build a test environment for whatever you need. I can also provide NFS storage if you want to maintain off-site backups.

This is a personal server and not related to Secure Dragon LLC. in any way, shape, or form.

I will only accept users on here that I recognize as trustworthy and have a good track record on here and/or LET. If I don't pick you, don't take it personally but this is a completely trust-based situation since any form of abuse can cause me to lose my server (and the drives I sent them will not be returned).

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Last edited by a moderator:

KuJoe

Verified Provider
There are a few reasons I did this:

1) Prevent abuse, if something happens to this server I am out quite a bit of money and I am not making a penny off of this so it's all risk and no reward for me.

2) I don't have any IPs available right now and I didn't want to spend an extra $13/month when I'm trying to reduce costs. I am willing to offer a dedicated IP depending on the person as long as I'm not losing money.

3) I wanted to make the VPS as cheap as possible and adding $6.50/month for the same resources above is a little extreme.

4) On my other dedicated servers everybody is happy with a NATed IP address since it suits their needs.

As you can see, for the price and specs this VPS is designed to fit very specific needs and not a typical VPS. While $25/month is a lot of money for a VPS, I am hoping somebody can see the potential for this and get a good deal. If not, that's completely fine also since I will continue using the server either way. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

KuJoe

Verified Provider
If WANSecurity allows it, I'll have them announce a block of our IPv6 addresses once ARIN completes our request next week.

KuJoe

Verified Provider
I'd buy if you allow me to use all your CPU for video encoding  :lol:   
You'd get 4 out of 8 cores (16 threads) and I'll have priorities setup so you can max out the whole CPU without impacting any other VMs. As long as it's not to IO intensive but even then, I can give you your own physical hard drive to thrash. ;)

Ruriko

You'd get 4 out of 8 cores (16 threads) and I'll have priorities setup so you can max out the whole CPU without impacting any other VMs. As long as it's not to IO intensive but even then, I can give you your own physical hard drive to thrash. ;)
oh nvm video encoding will be IO intensive

clarity

@KuJoe -

Is this still available? If so, I would love to get be considered for selection. I used to have services with you, and I have services with BuyVM and RamNode. I am a pretty good guy! I will not do anything negative on the box. 

I used to hang out at LET, but I left when Chief took over. I felt the place was going down hill. I guess that I was right about that. 

I just have one question for you. How long am I going to be able to tag along on this server? If you need it all back, how much warning time do I get?

Thanks,

Drew

amuck-landowner