amuck-landowner

Low RAM, high storage KVM? Central USA?

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Looking for a low RAM (128MB or less) high storage KVM server, preferably located in the central USA (Chicago, Kansas City, Dallas). Storage needs to be atleast 100GB, the more the merrier.

Budget? $10/mo~ or $30/quarter.

Whatcha got?

Last edited by a moderator:

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Looking for a low RAM (128MB or less) high storage KVM server, preferably located in the central USA (Chicago, Kansas City, Dallas). Storage needs to be atleast 100GB, the more the merrier.

Budget? $10/mo~ or $30/quarter.

Whatcha got?
...Aren't those prices the same thing? :D

@scv will hook you up i'm sure. His servers are literally bulletproof (they have to be, being in the D)

Francisco

Reactions: scv

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Hehe, I like Oktay, but the whole using CC thing kind of eliminates him.

Mann is tripping, he forgot the whole no CC thing :)

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I just didn't want to specify it, I'd have kindly turned those offers down had they presented themselves.

I'll let AnyNode wow me more. I've got an idle dev box with them. Now time for a storage KVM.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
@rds100, Backupsy in Chicago last check was Continuum then it migrated to CC in Chicago.

But, I remember, he went Atlantic Metro in Chicago recently (did same  for NYC).

The Dallas location I think is Incero.

Fact is, I'd be weary of anyone with significant CC presence use as such could be used as leverage by CC to negatively impact said biz if they didn't play along.   Not saying this has happened, but I've seen equally shady things out of the Buffalo folks.  One ought not tempt them with long arm ability to get ahold of data from vpsBoard.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Not saying this has happened,
Sure it has.  We were threatened multiple times, with examples such as being told that if I didn't stop unzipping it could cause problems with our service agreement.  It simply took a significant amount of time for them to finally drop their balls enough to make good on the threats.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Your CC zipper chatter would create problems with service agreement?  What exactly could that theoretically have led to?   Being asked to move out of Buffalo?  OH please, faster, harder and sooner :)

Sad, very sad.

Virtovo

Verified Provider
Your CC zipper chatter would create problems with service agreement?  What exactly could that theoretically have led to?   Being asked to move out of Buffalo?  OH please, faster, harder and sooner :)

Sad, very sad.
Theoretically?  That is what happened!

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
That's what he's alluding to, Virtovo :p  The catch there was that it was our desired reaction, and ended up being purely beneficial for us (they've always had a bad habit of not realizing when their strings are getting pulled).  Not only did our network improve tremendously upon moving to Choopa, but getting away from CC saw pretty much all of our east-coast stock sell out within two days of going live at the new DC.

Virtovo

Verified Provider
That's what he's alluding to, Virtovo :p  The catch there was that it was our desired reaction, and ended up being purely beneficial for us (they've always had a bad habit of not realizing when their strings are getting pulled).  Not only did our network improve tremendously upon moving to Choopa, but getting away from CC saw pretty much all of our east-coast stock sell out within two days of going live at the new DC.
That's good to hear.  Constant's always performed well when I've been there.  Don't suppose you know if colo customers can tap their DDOS protection on the home blend?

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
The protection with us?  Aye, you can just pick up a 128MB OVZ to act as a tunnel, that'd be the cheapest option.  We've got a guide on how to setup just such a thing on our wiki, and Francisco or I would be happy to lend a hand if needed.

Reactions: scv

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
That's good to hear.  Constant's always performed well when I've been there.  Don't suppose you know if colo customers can tap their DDOS protection on the home blend?
We don't get our filtering via constant. Our filtering is through staminus and backhauled (~0.5ms) to Choopa.

Anyway, this is way off topic so come to me in PM if you have questions!

XL's offer is quite nice. Is that with Steadfast?

Francisco

amuck-landowner