amuck-landowner

LowEndTalk/LowEndBox Gets a New Manager

HN-Matt

Verified Provider
PRIVACY POLICIES

I'm not one to defend LET, but at least they don't bother with the farce that is SSL. Let's Encrypt's favicon says it all.

Last edited by a moderator:

HN-Matt

Verified Provider
Unsure if I should attempt a 'Tales from the Cryptkeeper' joke at this juncture.

Last edited by a moderator:

mpkossen

He must have, I really thought it would be a cold day in hell when they did it. They proved me wrong me though. Hell, MI is a balmy 28 Fahrenheit / -2 Celsius. 

I'm positively surprised as well. Curious at the same time as to why they didn't do it before. The argument used to be that it would be harder to prevent DDoS attacks with SSL enabled.

Next step is fixing the 'Not Secure' warning. Not sure how much Google likes that.

AuroraZero

I'm positively surprised as well. Curious at the same time as to why they didn't do it before. The argument used to be that it would be harder to prevent DDoS attacks with SSL enabled.

Next step is fixing the 'Not Secure' warning. Not sure how much Google likes that.

Vivaldi hates it with a passion. No green lock here. So I would assume it would be the same for chrome. Not saying google would penalize them for it, but I would not look to favorably at it myself.

amuck-landowner