amuck-landowner

making a paid url shortner

mtwiscool

i'm making a paid url shorner and need to know how to sync 2 mysql databases between vps's

as its ment to have 2 payment meathades bitcoins and amazon vouchors

rates comming in the new year.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
All I can say is, be prepared to get a ton of spam.  We host several URL shorteners, and I get more abuse complaints for those VMs than pretty much anything else.

Reactions: scv

mtwiscool

jjp.png

what do you think of the domain i will be using?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Is .li a domain extension where your audience is and comfortable with it?

Usi?   Short but that's it.

scv

Massive Nerd
Verified Provider
MySQL master-master configuration is probably what you are seeking.

Here's an old tutorial:

http://www.howtoforge.com/mysql_master_master_replication
If you're using master-master replication, you need to take a few extra steps to ensure your application will work correctly. Locking is very important for a master-master setup otherwise you can end up clobbering data or getting transient errors due to conflicting primary keys.

You want to use row-based replication. It's more reliable and efficient compared to query-based replication especially when applied to more than two replicated servers. You may even want to choose a third party replication engine if you expect to handle a huge number of queries.

scv

Massive Nerd
Verified Provider
You're going to need more than 'better payout options' to compete with something like adfly. Personally I won't even click an adfly link, and I'm willing to say most people on this forum share the same feelings about it.

InertiaNetworks-John

Inertia Networks, LLC
Verified Provider
I already have a vps host

And

By paid I mean . Pay users just like adfly but with better payout options
You're going to need more than 'better payout options' to compete with something like adfly. Personally I won't even click an adfly link, and I'm willing to say most people on this forum share the same feelings about it.
I have to agree. Something like this will take quite a bit of $$ just to lift it off the ground, and I don't know how well it will be received by consumers.

Reactions: scv
amuck-landowner