amuck-landowner

Meet Martin, the other vpsBoard admin. Ask him stuff.

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Whats for dinner?

Oh yeah, and whats your favorite beer?

Also, don't you own a boat? Or am I mistaken you for someone else.
Chicken supreme roasted on a bed of veg with a spinach salad on the side!

Don't currently own a boat but have been looking? :)

As for beers, bit a huge fan however I do usually have a case of Peroni, San Miguel and Corona in the house!

Last edited by a moderator:

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Busy and my other half has a lot of studying going on from now until after November. Really, till January next year but yeah lol.

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
That reminds me - if anyone has any recipe requests, let me know and I'll get one done :)

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
That reminds me - if anyone has any recipe requests, let me know and I'll get one done :)
Meatloaf, stuffed peppers, your carrot cake you were talking about the other week, and something with chicken.

I get most my recipes from http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/category/man_pleasers/ because this woman cooks for her man, and he's not health conscious so the food is hearty and good. Plus she includes photos of each and every step, as basic as it may be, so idiots like me can follow along.

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Meatloaf, stuffed peppers, your carrot cake you were talking about the other week, and something with chicken.
Meatloaf I could do but I wont simply because it's my mums recipe with my own twist and everyone loves it. Stuffed peppers is easy - depends on what you want them stuffed with :)

I'll do a carrot cake one though, that's easy enough!

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
You've only got $5 to buy ingredients to make a meal for two. What do you buy and what do you make? Go!

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
You've only got $5 to buy ingredients to make a meal for two. What do you buy and what do you make? Go!
Well, I'm going to change that to £5 (given the exchange rate and the cost of things over here compared to the states)

Some clams, some mussels, a shallot , spring onion (scallions you call it), linguine and cream.

1) I'd steam open the clams and mussels together. Once opened, keep the liquor and shell most of them keeping a few for garnish.

2) Cook the pasta in boiling, salted water

3) Add a knob of butter to the liquor from cooking the shellfish, cream, a finely chopped shallot and some chopped parsley then the shell fish (minus the ones still in the shells)

4) Drain the pasta (not completely) and toss it in to the pot with the liquor above.

5) Serve in two bowls, dress the plates with the left over shellfish in the shells and a few finely chopped pieces of spring onion and more parsley.

et viola!

amuck-landowner