amuck-landowner

milkywayhost.com - Free unlimited ssd shared hosting (no ads).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amitz

Well, guys... Simply deleting my post here without any explanation (at least via PM) is neither very educational for me, nor polite. Just said.

Last edited by a moderator:

mtwiscool

If you consider the fact that only .html, .css, .php files are allowed, it seems possible to offer "unlimited" hosting. Since no images are allowed, there is not really much you can do.

Limit one factor completely until its almost impossible to actually use.
we have added this line to our fair use policy:

-Photo storage allowed up to 1GB and only if it's part of your website.

AshleyUK

Verified Provider
Have you actually had anyone check your "Fair use policy", don't think in its current state/wording/spelling e.t.c would stand up much against anything legal.

mtwiscool

Have you actually had anyone check your "Fair use policy", don't think in its current state/wording/spelling e.t.c would stand up much against anything legal.
Our trams of service can cover what is needed so the fair use policy does not really matter.

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Well, guys... Simply deleting my post here without any explanation (at least via PM) is neither very educational for me, nor polite. Just said.
Your post wasn't deleted, it was hidden. Why? Well, you could have asked instead of stamping your feet but seeing as you did, it was hidden because you were blatantly trolling him - something I specifically said not to do at the start. I don't know about MannDude and HalfeatenPie but I don't have the time to message every kid on here who acts the fool to tell them about it. In future, at least contact us if there's a problem and we'll try and sort it out. No point screaming and moaning on the forum.

raj

Is Milywayhost a multi-person organization? Or is it a single person operation?   

HH-Josh

single person operation
http://milkywayhost.com/fair.php - just says it all.

I'd give up now whilst you can without causing too much disappointment to anyone. Let's be honest, after reading through your website and this forum post you seem to lack the following:

- Experience.

- Professionalism.

- Attention to detail for legal documents.

The above 3 points, in my eyes, are fundamental when running any sort of business, if it be a hosting business or not. I can guarantee you, as much as you deny it now, this won't last any longer than 3 months. You'll begin to incur more and more costs running this freebie service, whilst you yourself, isn't making any money from it.

The last thing I want to happen is for an established website to host with you, then 3 months down the line their website has disappeared - it happens, even with paid hosting businesses.

That's my two cents anyway. Try not to hate, just stating the obvious. I do however wish you luck with this "business adventure".

Kind Regards,

Josh

Last edited by a moderator:

Amitz

Your post wasn't deleted, it was hidden. Why? Well, you could have asked instead of stamping your feet but seeing as you did, it was hidden because you were blatantly trolling him - something I specifically said not to do at the start. I don't know about MannDude and HalfeatenPie but I don't have the time to message every kid on here who acts the fool to tell them about it. In future, at least contact us if there's a problem and we'll try and sort it out. No point screaming and moaning on the forum.
Thank you, Mr. Lovable. Fortunately, MannDude was kind enough to answer me in a friendly manner in the meantime. He really has some skills that you, Sir, are clearly missing. However, enjoy the rest of your day.

mtwiscool

Sorry for the 5 minute downtime but i had to take the webserver down to stop a ddoser on the server outputting 6.6Gbps.

Lee

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
@mtwiscool

Unlimited is certainly a marketing term and I am not against it per say, however you are running this from a 20GB Digital Ocean with access to 1 core and only 512MB ram.  To get up and running it's maybe going to hold out however the abuse level is ridiculously high, it won't be long before you start getting someone abusing the service and when they do it will likely only take 1 to kill the service whilst your sleeping.

You can throw around the fact it's a free service and you cant provide high uptime or entirely prevent abuse.  This is true.  However the 1 in 50 genuine signups you get are the ones you want to keep and need to keep on your side.  You can't do that unless you have the setup to cope with what is ahead and you simply don't.

It seems to me like you have some credits at DO and are testing the water, once the credits dry up and you are not making anything from it but hassle you will fold it up which really won't take all that long.

A youhosting provider would probably be better than this service and it takes a lot for them to achieve that kind of accolade.  In fact there are many free providers out there and compared to them this is nothing more than a cobbled together service.

I get your enthusiasm and applaud your determination to keep trying however I can only see this ending up in the failure bucket of projects you are connected with.  I am sure there is a talent within you that would be better to focus on than hosting but I don't know you well enough to know what that could be.  But I suggest you take a step back once you realise this is going nowhere and think about what you could be really good at and work on that.

raj

How did a shared webhosting user use your webserver for an outbound DDoS on your VPS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner