amuck-landowner

Modulesgarden SolusVM Extended Module released

SkylarM

Verified Provider
They released an update, maybe that fixed it? Who knows. I'm not bothering to install the module until I know it's working though. Too much hassle to swap between the two.

Damian

Verified Provider
They released an update, maybe that fixed it? Who knows. I'm not bothering to install the module until I know it's working though. Too much hassle to swap between the two.
I updated, still broken for us.

Hello everyone, thank you for the interest in our products. A few days ago we released updated versions of the modules - 1.2.

Thanks to your feedback we were able to improve our modules. Versions 1.2 contains more features, more improvements and important bug fixes. If you would like to know more, feel free to visit our Forums or check our Changelog.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
You know @ModulesGarden, if you're going to drop in to advertise it wouldn't hurt to just spend a few minutes talking to folks, maybe even elaborate on some issues mentioned, rather than just "Oh, we were mentioned on a forum - let's drop a generic `buy our junk` and walk away"

Hello, I am not allowed to create new threads in advertising section, I guess too little amount of posts or too fresh account. However I didn't advertise that much, did I? Just wanted to share the information that some people are looking for e.g. about fixes of the module problems mentioned in this thread.

This thread is all about our module so it's not that bad to add a word or two I think. It's not random spamming or advertising in non related thread.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Linking away from these forums is usually seen as 'driving traffic away' :)

By all means, take part in the community but you can paste your BBCoded things in these threads without issue.

Francisco

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Hello, I am not allowed to create new threads in advertising section, I guess too little amount of posts or too fresh account. However I didn't advertise that much, did I? Just wanted to share the information that some people are looking for e.g. about fixes of the module problems mentioned in this thread.

This thread is all about our module so it's not that bad to add a word or two I think. It's not random spamming or advertising in non related thread.
My point is, there is some rather negative commentary in this thread regarding your module. Rather than actually talking with these folks, acknowledging any problems, and explaining how you intend to resolve them you just posted a very generic ad.

Just some friendly advice.

We have already had a conversation regarding the module and it's problems with some of 'folks' participating in this post elsewhere, so it's not as bad as it seems for you. Your attitude is simply negative and I entirely respect that.

Just some friendly advice.
I will keep that in mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Linking away from these forums is usually seen as 'driving traffic away' :)

By all means, take part in the community but you can paste your BBCoded things in these threads without issue.

Francisco

It's the same thing he did over at LET today.  Started a new topic titled "SolusVM Patch - Solved Server Rebuild Problem Returning Error: 'Invalid Template'" and the only thing he posted as the content was "This information should be helpful for many. You can find more info on our Forums."

Edit:  Seems he did the SAME thing here too - http://vpsboard.com/topic/1292-solusvm-patch-solved-server-rebuild-problem-returning-error-invalid-template/

Exactly, and posted the information on even more places. As I said on LET before, topic is still under discussion and something new might show up. Updating all the places would take much time so we decided to have everything under one link and update it if necessary. We wanted to share the helpful information with as many people as possible but the thread with SolusVM is not closed yet and it might be changed. You should rather appreciate this than disapprove, at least ignore it. We didn't need to say anything to anyone and many wouldn't still know that critical problem can be easily solved. Luckily, now you know that such a patch exists, goal achieved. As I said, I will keep that in mind that posting information with link to other sources (even without the slightest advertisement inside) is not welcome and I will consider sharing such information in such form for the next time. There is no need to further digging the problem as it brought more good than bad to community.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Try not to take it the wrong way, it's just both communities trying to watch for their own :)

It's good that you're working out whatever bugs exist with the solus dev's. While most providers have opened their solus again I expect them to start locking up again once your modules all fixed up.

You're likely going to be the go-to solution for this all since the majority of the panels that started won't get to a stable release, nevermind even ALPHA.

Francisco

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
You're likely going to be the go-to solution for this all since the majority of the panels that started won't get to a stable release, nevermind even ALPHA.
Lots of bells and whistles short after the problem was exposed but where are all the updates now?

Guessing "other" projects came in between?

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Lots of bells and whistles short after the problem was exposed but where are all the updates now?

Guessing "other" projects came in between?
We've heard almost nothing from most of them. That one hosted panel had a bit of wind still in their sails but we've not seen anything in a few weeks. The only one that might make landfall is feathur but it's missing KVM support. While Justin has claimed the development for that is easy....I don't know about that. Libvirt is OK but it's an ugly beast that even we're replacing.

All the other panels have died out. The one Kujoe was working on with Dime has had < 100 lines of code commited and their website was down a few days ago. I'm not sure if it returned.

It's what most predicted. Everyone would fall back to SolusVM to some degree.

Francisco

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Pfft, libvirt is a scary bitch; i'm not looking forward to that part of development....
We're using it for now but I have full intention to roll libpony internally.

There's simply too many things libvirt is missing and their project is too wacky to try to write patches for.

Francisco

amuck-landowner