amuck-landowner

Monintor Server For outbound emails

HostMayo-WK

Can someone guide me with respect to monitoring of outbound emails. I have a dedicated server with few clients through VPS using SolusVM. Few times client abuse and send mass emails which I want to monitor before my data center does. Because when they do it they simply suspend my server. Can anybody guide me how can I monitor my servers for outbound emails so I can simply disable that VPS.

HostMayo-WK

Thanks for the suggestion. I will surely check it out. Though I found that nodewatch and vpsmon have been mentioned alot. What is your feedback on that?

CubeData

Thanks for the suggestion. I will surely check it out. Though I found that nodewatch and vpsmon have been mentioned alot. What is your feedback on that?

nodewatch is the free automated system that does what vpsmon does but free(though last I tried using it, it seemed something was wrong with some dependencies it had mainly the ioncube loader it required because it uses php 5.3 still... don't know if that was ever fixed/updated yet to my knowledge)
though haven't tried vpsmon yet since nodewatch was free and did the same as vpsmon so cannot say anything on vpsmon but can say nodewatch was worth its weight in gold for the problems like you mentioned it solved automatically(meaning without manual intervention as everything is watched in real time by nodewatch and the vps and/or vps's would be suspended automatically as well if it was detected they was doing what you described)

https://vpsantiabuse.com/
^ nodewatch official website

HostMayo-WK

Is there any other better than nodewatch that is free. I have installed and ssh a VPS just to see if it shows number of ssh connections to my VPS and it was still showing zero. I doubt if it will work for other things.

CubeData

Is there any other better than nodewatch that is free. I have installed and ssh a VPS just to see if it shows number of ssh connections to my VPS and it was still showing zero. I doubt if it will work for other things.

not to my knowledge that I know of currently.

Medha Hosting

We also faced this problem and still it is there.You can ask your data center people to monitor through their firewall.However they would be asking extra charges.

other than this i have not find any cost effective or free solution.
Here are some tips to avoid Spam customers.
When customer is requesting rdns instantly he is a spammer.
Careful with them.

mobin

NodeWatch I have tried in past and worked very well for us; not sure about recent development and updates. Another thing recently came across is http://vpsmon.com/; I have no real experience with but you can check it. Also you can use Nagios + NRPE or SNMP plugins to monitor your node activities if you can script out some basic checks.

dolios

Hey. OpenVZ 6 will reach its EOL next month and I am currently using OpenVZ 7. http://vpsmon.com/, website is down and nodewatch only supports the older kernel and not OpenVZ 7. Any idea how I can monitor? Any other tools out there? Thanks!

HostMayo-WK

I am afraid there isnt till yet. There were suggestions to use rate limits on port 25 using iptables but I am not expert at cli based firewall rules so couldnt get it worked.

amuck-landowner