amuck-landowner

Monitoring software to widget on android phone?

Belucci

Has anyone managed to figure out a way to actually be have the vital servers load data on a widget on his android home screen?

I haven't choosen monitoring software yet, so that possibility might help me decide.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Has anyone managed to figure out a way to actually be have the vital servers load data on a widget on his android home screen?

I haven't choosen monitoring software yet, so that possibility might help me decide.
Virtual* you mean ;) 

Not really.  Most of my monitoring is via a web applet and most of the time the important parts of a monitoring system is the alerts which are automatically sent to my email addresses (which are obviously synced to my phone).  

I do recall there was a few SolusVM apps for android phones that allowed you to manage your VPSes from your phone, but nothing at the widget level.

To be perfectly frank, I don't see a reason to get a widget for it to begin with :/ 

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Looks nice and continuing to work on it I see :)

Does ServerStatus have some means of notification (output to say SMS, email, etc.) in case of "failures"?
I believe Mun's version has started incorporating email notification for outages and issues.  

AlphaNine_Vini

Verified Provider
We would recommend nagios to check your server status from a Andriod device.

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner