amuck-landowner

Most popular location for VPS?

kunnu

Verified Provider
Sorry, I was ill and unable to use internet.

Don't choose "the most popular", choose a location that will serve your customers best or offer something unique.

I'm getting tired of everything being LA, Dallas, Chicago, New York/Buffalo, etc. There are too many companies who provide the exact same service. They're using the same hardware, same software, the only thing difference is who you're paying but it all trickles up anyhow.

Go somewhere not so saturated.
Which is best location acording to you(excluding popular locations)

The 'most popular' is a subjective term because people (who know what they are buying) will always choose a location that is close to them or their clients. For example almost same amount of people buy servers in America as well as in Europe. They will choose what location they need and what user base they have.
"Close to them" will create another question like "Which City is purchasing hosting products higher then others City"

RTGHM

Sorry, I was ill and unable to use internet.

Which is best location acording to you(excluding popular locations)

"Close to them" will create another question like "Which City is purchasing hosting products higher then others City"
You want to be unique? Get me your AutoBoot technology on a VPS in Qatar or Bahrain for $7 per month.

Last edited by a moderator:

TierNet

Verified Provider
I dont think a city would be popular but United States is a popular conutry for VPS location. However many users also look for offshore location for the providers that ignore DMCA.

Serveo

Verified Provider
Where the internet exchanges are.

In our case, AMSX, PLIX and soon Berlin.  

fixidixi

yepp NL is the most popular in the EU I think. Sweden, Germany, Luxemburg are also popular..

RO,RU,CN if its dirty (if its accidently not in the US) //with the really little experience ive got..

VENETX

I would say ; Seattle, Los Angeles , Dallas, Buffalo, Chicago.

But it doesn't matter which one is popular, its more of where the clients need them for better latency. 

haloelite3

I would have to say Dallas is a very popular location however there is no real popular location, it depends on what country your target audience are based

Hope this helps

trueman1

Verified Provider
Buffalo is popular with dedicated server providers because it's near new york and it's cheap,

but the truth that buffalo don't have so much good connection to new york.

new york is the best location, but it's very expensive.

William

pr0
Verified Provider

Berlin makes zero sense, only very small exchanges and despite proximity to Poland most traffic is re-routed to Frankfurt anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

OnSebastian

Verified Provider

For us in Germany, the best Location should be Frankfurt as this where DE-CIX and many other exchanges are. Also from a europe point of view, Frankfurt should be perfect.

We also host our VPS in Frankfurt.

TO.oL

Buffalo, new york, the best location. lots of bandwidth providers and peers makes the VPS available everywhere with lowest latency.

amuck-landowner