amuck-landowner

Multiple offers in less then 7 days

Mun

Never Forget
So why does Cloud Shard get to break the rules of this forum. They have posted 4 offers in the last 3 days, I mean really what gives?

^ there is the rules.

• Only one offer per every seven days may be posted!
  • You must also have at least 5 non-offer related posts between offers!

03-07-2014_12-47-06.png

Mun

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Do the rules apply to offers of any kind?  Then yeah 5 offers for same company.

If not, other issue is Cloudshards owns Fliphost.  Both of them posted VPS offers.... 

SkylarM

Verified Provider
I count 5, 4 via concerto and 1 via Wintereise.
If you want to get technical, each advert section has it's own 7 day rule (assumed), so where they are breaking the rules is a Cloud Shards offer and a Fliphost offer, as both are owned by the same company.

They are also breaking said rule in the Dedicated Servers section, by posting a Cloud Shards and GetDedi offer within a few days of each other.

uEecdZF.png

mCY.png

Kakashi

Verified Provider
The offers are for different section of the forums. 

We've done the same in the past too, one for Colo, one for Dedi and one for VPS. I don't see a big issue with that since they are different offerings.

However I am unsure about who owns whom and the rules on that.

wlanboy

Content Contributer
I often see webhosting and vps offers at the same time.

Is that bad? Nope.

Should they do it? Nope - because they will be ignored.

mojeda

I find it annoying when I see 2+ offers from the same company in the Recent Topics, but maybe that's just me.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
So another little problem....

House rules:

"Company must have valid WhoIs information publicly available and can not have private WhoIs enabled."

Whois for fliphost.net is private via privatewhois.net

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I find it annoying when I see 2+ offers from the same company in the Recent Topics, but maybe that's just me.
Me too.

They're for different sections of the forum, though. And I believe there was another from a different brand that is owned by them posted by someone else but I may have dreamt that.

Though, the rules are one offer per each brand (per section) once every 7 days. Can't post two VPS offers in a week from the same brand. But you can post a VPS offer today, a dedicated offer tomorrow, and a colo offer 12 hours after the dedicated offer. If you have multiple brands, there is nothing against that (yet) though if it's being abused, then something may happen. But the rules apply to each brand.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
The rules apply to each brand?

Does that mean a company can own/operated 3 brands and simultaneously make 3 offers for their brands? 

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
The rules apply to each brand?

Does that mean a company can own/operated 3 brands and simultaneously make 3 offers for their brands? 
Yes, theoretically. Though if people complain about it and it becomes problematic then that may change.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Well allowing the multiple brand thing is fine... allowing the offer per subsidiary at same time is bad news sort of, well can be.

I could maybe agree with it where such subsidiaries are totally different markets... Like one VPS company that offers cheap VPS and another that offers high performance and pricey VPS.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Same forum.
Same forum but two different brands and two different posters.

This is your guy's community. If you don't want to allow two separate brands that have the same parent to be able to post offers, that's fine. Start a poll and collect some votes. I'm alright with allowing it or not allowing it.

Mun

Never Forget
Same forum but two different brands and two different posters.

This is your guy's community. If you don't want to allow two separate brands that have the same parent to be able to post offers, that's fine. Start a poll and collect some votes. I'm alright with allowing it or not allowing it.

Please edit my main post and add said poll.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Ohh and as someone pointed out to me. Fliphost.net has a private whois.

http://whois.net/whois/fliphost.net
I'll do a complete audit of all verified providers soon. I work a normal fulltime job so can't do it right this second. Thanks!

EDIT: NVM he responded before I did. But yeah, I'll audit the list soon. It's just myself, Martin and HalfEatenPie running the show here and I work a normal M-F fulltime job so my time lately has been limited. ;)

jarland

The ocean is digital
To quote the late, great Colonel Sanders, "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

May seem irrelevant, but I assure you it's entirely relevant. Have a beer, it won't bother you so much.

amuck-landowner