amuck-landowner

[MXroute] 10%-20% off E-mail Hosting for Your Domain

jarland

The ocean is digital
Hi everyone!

A while back I announced on this forum the beta test of MXroute. This was designed to be the solution for affordable mail hosting with a "bring your own domain" system. Since that time MXroute has grown up quite a bit. I would like to offer vpsBoard members two promotion codes for our services.

Promo Code: TRYMX

20% off, non-recurring discount.

Promo Code: MX10

10% off, recurring discount.

Features:

- Z-Push

ActiveSync compatible push services for your devices. Some devices may not work, Z-Push has some functional limitations.

- Redundancy

RAID10 storage, daily off-site backups.

- Webmail

- Secure IMAP, POP3, SMTP.

- DKIM (Open ticket for public key)

- User trained bayesian filtering.

Plans:

Small

10GB Storage

1 Domain

1 Email Account

$5/year

Order: https://billing.mxroute.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=5

Medium

15GB Storage

3 Domains

10 Email Accounts per domain

$15/year

Order: https://billing.mxroute.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=6

Large

50GB Storage

10 Domains

30 Email Accounts per domain

$25/year

Order: https://billing.mxroute.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=3

When I previously announced the MXroute product, it existed as a product of Catalyst Host. Today, MXroute stands on it's own two feet with myself, Ryan, and Christine as the team behind the service.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Congrats @jarland on making mxroute.com its own thing.

Any plans for XL plan and more disk space?   Lots of us have piles of mail we keep for various reasons.  It adds up :)

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
As a user of MXroute I absolutely love the service  :)

Also full disclosure, Jarland did used to work with me at Catalyst but still.  MXroute is pretty awesome! 

Last edited by a moderator:

trewq

Verified Provider
I use this service for one of my personal domains and have never had any downtime.

That being said, is there any form of redundancy?

jarland

The ocean is digital
I use this service for one of my personal domains and have never had any downtime.

That being said, is there any form of redundancy?
Great question! Though I'm not sure it technically counts as redundancy, we use a secondary MX as a relay that will hold mail for your domain and deliver it to the MXroute server later if the primary server happens to be down. Backups are taken daily, with 3 days stored, to an on-site NAS and mirrored off-site. There is, however, no live off-site mirror of the primary server. That isn't to say that there will not be in the future.

jarland

The ocean is digital
Congrats @jarland on making mxroute.com its own thing.

Any plans for XL plan and more disk space?   Lots of us have piles of mail we keep for various reasons.  It adds up :)
Hola! Space...the final frontier.

Disk space is a rough one, difficult to negotiate, but I am heavily considering a line of plans that offer a lot more, and cost a lot more as well.

Shados

Professional Snake Miner
Knowing you guys run solid services I would use this, but my own government is marginally less likely to screw over my privacy than yours (and hey, at least then I'm getting fucked by the devil I know), so I'll stick with a more local host for now :p.

k0nsl

Bad Goy
How does the panel look, is it still a modified/butchered (I mean this in a good way) VestaCP?

jarland

The ocean is digital
Knowing you guys run solid services I would use this, but my own government is marginally less likely to screw over my privacy than yours (and hey, at least then I'm getting fucked by the devil I know), so I'll stick with a more local host for now :p.
Wise words. I'm not entirely thrilled with my rogue government. They don't respect their own laws, I have no confidence in their ability to protect my rights. Yet, I press on. I pay their salary and I challenge them to make me remind them of that.

Nice! Do you offer shared/public mail boxes?
Like on a shared domain? Sort of. It's a beta test at the moment.

https://mxroute.com/beta.html

How does the panel look, is it still a modified/butchered (I mean this in a good way) VestaCP?
Yep. I'd like to replace it eventually but for now I'm going to embrace it. However, it might end up being wrapped in something else to combine and add functionality. No spoilers ;)

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Wise words. I'm not entirely thrilled with my rogue government. They don't respect their own laws, I have no confidence in their ability to protect my rights. Yet, I press on. I pay their salary and I challenge them to make me remind them of that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9-R8T1SuG4

</offtopic>

jarland

The ocean is digital
I have a few questions...

SECURITY

Heavily armed guards?

Fallout shelter?

MASS MAILING OPTIMIZATION

Can I get a /22 with the small plan?

SIGNUP INCENTIVES

Free pocket lamps?
Currently MXroute maintains a medium sized militia and has managed a reasonable stockpile capable of overthrowing the Russian government, just in case. (Oh hi NSA, didn't see you there)

We offer a free /8 for SEO and bulk mailing purposes.

We do have a gift for new members on signup. Each one receives a drunk text from me at 3AM with a picture of my junk included.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
We do have a gift for new members on signup. Each one receives a drunk text from me at 3AM with a picture of my junk included.
That takes drunk dialing to a whole new level.  You need a mascot for mxroute.  Perhaps a jerked chicken ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner