amuck-landowner

Namecheap Domain Registration/Transfer for less than $1!

Reece-DM

Verified Provider
On 3rd June they're doing the lovely $1 Domain deal again:

Its the normal deal, they want 20k Twitter likes to enable the coupon on June 3rd

If we meet the threshold by June 2nd 2013 11:59 PM EST, we

Last edited by a moderator:

JDiggity

This is probably because of the domain name price hike that is coming again. Got an email from namesilo that domain prices are going up on 7-1-13. So get as many people in as you can under the old price and then they will renew at the newer higher prices.

BK_

So get as many people in as you can under the old price and then they will renew at the newer higher prices.

You're not forced to renew, and you can transfer out before the domain expires (to a cheaper registrar, if there is one - as it's most likely a global price hike). I wouldn't call it deceitful at all, and quite frankly Namecheaps < $1 promotions have all been awesome.

JDiggity

Not saying deceitful. Just trying to get more people under the umbrella, your more likley to renew there if you are there.

arelink

So get as many people in as you can under the old price and then they will renew at the newer higher prices.
Godaddy and 1&1 are also throwing these $0.99 deals constantly for the same reasons. If domain prices are increasing it will happen with every registrar, I would have no problem renewing with Namecheap compared to the other two.

arelink

True, the deadline is on June 2nd and it seems quite difficult to reach that amount of tweets in the time left.

A Jump From Let

True, the deadline is on June 2nd and it seems quite difficult to reach that amount of tweets in the time left.
Why not? They have what's left of 28th, then 29, 30, 31, 1, and 2nd of June which are supposedly enough, not to mention that such type of "countdown" usually gets faster with time getting closer.

However I'm more concerned of how many domains they're planning to offer, for example, if just 100 of so "sponsored" domains, then that's just ##### of them. Since if they spend on every domain $8 on average, then 100 domains means they've spent $800, for the whole disturbance they've caused by then, and people waiting/refreshing, which I hope not to be the case.

BK_

However I'm more concerned of how many domains they're planning to offer, for example, if just 100 of so "sponsored" domains, then that's just ##### of them. Since if they spend on every domain $8 on average, then 100 domains means they've spent $800, for the whole disturbance they've caused by then, and people waiting/refreshing, which I hope not to be the case.

They'll do a lot more than 100, don't worry. It'll be in the thousands :)

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Hi,

what are the cheapest registers around?

Thanks
Internet.BS is likely the one with the lowest non-promotional prices. It's where I order the bulk of my domains from. Other than that, you can often find a coupon for GoDaddy but I try not to support them if I can help it. Plenty of better registars I'd rather give my money to than them.

arelink

Why not? They have what's left of 28th, then 29, 30, 31, 1, and 2nd of June which are supposedly enough, not to mention that such type of "countdown" usually gets faster with time getting closer.

Well the day is almost over and they are still at 3.4k tweets and they would need about 3.4k tweets each day to meet the quota. It can happen but seems a little difficult to me. Lets hope they do make it so we can all get a $1 domain :)

WebSearchingPro

VPS Peddler
Verified Provider
Maybe they know how namecheap sells/spam the email addresses of the buyers during these 1$ promos.

Wasn't that an issue that came up fairly recently?

arelink

Namecheap makes people work for a $0.98 domain, while 1&1 is just giving them out right now (and occasionaly do so). I do prefer Namecheap over 1&1 though. Either way, I wouldn't wait around for such an offer to register a really good domain that might be available. When I see these kind of offers I mostly end up registering anything that comes to mind and has no real [important] use to me later.

Ivan

Verified Provider
Namecheap makes people work for a $0.98 domain, while 1&1 is just giving them out right now (and occasionaly do so). I do prefer Namecheap over 1&1 though. Either way, I wouldn't wait around for such an offer to register a really good domain that might be available. When I see these kind of offers I mostly end up registering anything that comes to mind and has no real [important] use to me later.
Well hopefully we will get the $1 domain from Namecheap because sadly 1&1 doesn't list my country :/

Reece-DM

Verified Provider
i've never been a fan of 1&1.

Hopefully this deal pulls through with Namecheap - I need a few bargain domains :p

amuck-landowner