amuck-landowner

Need a small VPS

Tux

DigitialOcean? lel
After the RamNode incident, we'd like a new VPS to allow us to stay online if our primary RamNode VPS goes dark.

Yes, I decided to not go with a backup VPS. I have a OVH dedi from a friend with the storage I need.

So anyway, here's what we need:

• 256MB (but preferably 512MB) RAM
  • 50GB storage (as little as 40GB is fine, but we may need more)
  • Bandwidth needs are not very heavy. 1TB is fine.
  • $5/month budget, but preferably lower
  • Debian is a must.
This will be used by a friend of mine, not me, for his site (a wiki farm related to a popular children's virtual world).

Last edited by a moderator:

ShardHost

Verified Provider
After the RamNode incident, we'd like a new VPS to allow us to stay online if our primary RamNode VPS goes dark.

Yes, I decided to not go with a backup VPS. I have a OVH dedi from a friend with the storage I need.

So anyway, here's what we need:

• 256MB (but preferably 512MB) RAM
  • 50GB storage (as little as 40GB is fine, but we may need more)
  • Bandwidth needs are not very heavy. 1TB is fine.
  • $5/month budget, but preferably lower
  • Debian is a must.
This will be used by a friend of mine, not me, for his site (a wiki farm related to a popular children's virtual world).
We can do a few of the below plan for $5/mo:

1024mb KVM - $7/mo(Price correct today)

• RAM:1024MB

• Swap:1024MB

• vCPU:3

• Disk Space:100GB

• Transfer:1024GB

• Port: 1Gbps

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
TBH, this plan should not be too hard to find on your own. Ideally you should do a bit of research, and if you can't find the plan you're looking for you post here. 

Tux

DigitialOcean? lel
TBH, this plan should not be too hard to find on your own. Ideally you should do a bit of research, and if you can't find the plan you're looking for you post here. 
Yeah... I'd been searching LEB but haven't found much within budget.

I found DotVPS, but I'm not sure about them.

XFS_Duke

XFuse Solutions, LLC
Verified Provider
Does it have to be in Dallas or Atlanta? What about Arizona or North Carolina?

Let me know, we can definatly work something out.

SkylarM

Verified Provider
If you're interested in other locations, we can provide you this in our Jacksonville, FL facility.

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
D.Strout, It is not Low End Talk, Stop Trolling.
Whatever you say. I just know there are a lot of offers in Dallas, it shouldn't be that hard to find something there if folks really look. For instance, this package from Versatile IT in Dallas:

glv8.png

BudgetVM also has good plans in Dallas. OP says he couldn't find much on LEB, but there are lots of other places to look.

Tux

DigitialOcean? lel
Whatever you say. I just know there are a lot of offers in Dallas, it shouldn't be that hard to find something there if folks really look. For instance, this package from Versatile IT in Dallas:

glv8.png

BudgetVM also has good plans in Dallas. OP says he couldn't find much on LEB, but there are lots of other places to look.
I've decided to go with BudgetVM.

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
I've decided to go with BudgetVM.
Sounds good. Be aware, a lot of people dislike BudgetVM for various reasons. I've heard complaints about network, support, and I myself have had issues with their IPv6. I find the network fine (though I'm in Chicago, not Dallas), support is fairly fast (two hours or less, usually), and IPv6 is usually resolved with a ticket to said support. But if you find you don't like them, they do have the advantage of 30 days money-back guarantee.

300th post!

Tux

DigitialOcean? lel
Sounds good. Be aware, a lot of people dislike BudgetVM for various reasons. I've heard complaints about network, support, and I myself have had issues with their IPv6. I find the network fine (though I'm in Chicago, not Dallas), support is fairly fast (two hours or less, usually), and IPv6 is usually resolved with a ticket to said support. But if you find you don't like them, they do have the advantage of 30 days money-back guarantee.

300th post!
Actually, now that I've done a google search, we're going with ShardHost again.

SeriesN

Verified Provider
BudgetVM is nice, they have their own ASN and hardware , Nick and Steve are solid people with solid background, James is an awesome sysadmin. They are currently suffering the growth pain, hence the negative reviews. Not to mention, Mike is AWESOME!

amuck-landowner