amuck-landowner

New CC Hosts;

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
They are pretty decent, just a bit shady on these new providers that keep poping up...
They need a lot of work on their honesty and customer relations. Had an outage in Buffalo last week (after receiving a maintenance notification barely 16 hours prior to the maintenance.. said notification guaranteed there would be no downtime).. when requesting an RFO, we were blamed for being knocked offline during their fiber work. A bit of unzipping later, come to find out it was actually a butterfingers issue on their end.

The same 'tech' that tried to blame the outage on us then went on to try and upsell us on another connection when I was expressing my dissatisfaction with how poorly the issue was handled. Needless to say, that ticket did not end pleasantly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack

They need a lot of work on their honesty and customer relations. Had an outage in Buffalo last week (after receiving a maintenance notification barely 16 hours prior to the maintenance.. said notification guaranteed there would be no downtime).. when requesting an RFO, we were blamed for being knocked offline during their fiber work. A bit of unzipping later, come to find out it was actually a butterfingers issue on their end.

The same 'tech' that tried to blame the outage on us then went on to try and upsell us on another connection when I was expressing my dissatisfaction with how poorly the issue was handled. Needless to say, that ticket did not end pleasantly.
I didn't have an outage when I got that Cable grooming maintenance notice.. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Not everyone *HAS* to be like BuyVM / Frantech Aldryic. ;)

Oh god dammit is that why Jon wants to have a meeting with me? >_>

Dammit Pony.

Francisco

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
"Damn you Francisco, can't you keep your g'damned Russian on a leash? He made our tech cry."
I've yet to read over the ticket but if he unzipped like he claimed it's likely said tech won't ever handle tickets for us again >_>

At least ones that Aldryic has talked in anyways.

Francisco

AlexBarakov

Verified Provider
On the other side.. I've had nothing but good experience with CC so far. 1 year. Extremely stable network and brand new hardware (always get new drives). Despite everything said by the haters, I've indeed had great experience - tickets handled friendly and in timely manner. And nearly no problems. They have expensive remote hands, but that's with pretty much every DC.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Despite everything said by the haters, I've indeed had great experience - tickets handled friendly and in timely manner.
Really? Whenever I had access to their portal when I worked for URPad, any ticket submitted was handled by a 'higher up' (Alex or Jon) and would be closed after each response, with hardly any information given. At one point it really seemed like they were purposely fucking with us.

JayCawb

*Hint* *Hint* Use datacenters that have free remote hands or within driving distance... *Hint* *Hint*

On the other side.. I've had nothing but good experience with CC so far. 1 year. Extremely stable network and brand new hardware (always get new drives). Despite everything said by the haters, I've indeed had great experience - tickets handled friendly and in timely manner. And nearly no problems. They have expensive remote hands, but that's with pretty much every DC.

mpkossen

So why leb hosts faking their address and still got posted on leb? Don't you have to have real addresses? Or that is no longer required?
AFAIK, the rule is it has to be a physical address and not a PO Box or something. I'm in favor of requiring an actual address, but it's hard to check and some people have privacy issues.

Most addresses are fake, by the way. There's only a handful of hosts with a domestic address listed. Most use a DC, super market, postal office, "rental office" address or some random building on a street corner.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
AFAIK, the rule is it has to be a physical address and not a PO Box or something. I'm in favor of requiring an actual address, but it's hard to check and some people have privacy issues.

Most addresses are fake, by the way. There's only a handful of hosts with a domestic address listed. Most use a DC, super market, postal office, "rental office" address or some random building on a street corner.
....Super market? Really?

Francisco

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
April to July = 3  months.  So no private whois....

Why doesn't the fellow behind these ServerMania shill companies just knock it the fuck off?

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
SSDVPS:  1-855-577-3877

VPSNODES: 1-469-341-774

VPSACE: 1-855-587-7223

All the same PBX it seems. Could be coincidence...

Lets compare some other stuff:

vmLUfT8.png

JnjQ3EV.png

Looks the same. VPSAce and SSDVPS both look as if they've used the same designer. VPSnodes is just LoveVPS' old design, so it's nothing special.

Business Info:

VPSACe: Registered business? No. VPSAce LLC expired in 2010. https://secure.utah.gov/bes/action/details?entity=6263051-0160 Can't find anything about 'VPSAce' in Florida, where the address on the WhoIS. Maybe they're just a SP or something, unregistered, but can't find any proof of that. Surely "Matt Barauski" exists, alas no one can be found with that name: https://www.google.com/search?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=%22Matt+Barauski%22+florida&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#client=ubuntu&hs=DKF&channel=fs&sclient=psy-ab&q=%22Matt+Barauski%22&oq=%22Matt+Barauski

SSDVPS: "SSDVPS LLC" has never been registered. Can't find any info of it being registered as anything else or under any other parent. Address in WhoIS is simply Quadranet Datacenter, where Colocrossing is a customer. Can't look into, "Jared Taylor" as this is a common name. Maybe there is a Jared Taylor proudly associated with his work at SSDVPS, alas can't find one online. (Just results with the name/domain from various whois websites)

VPSNodes: Unregistered, address in WhoIS is Colo4 in Texas where Colocrossing is simply a customer. "Ken Forrest", like above, pretty standard name so too many results. Can't find any "Ken Forrest" claiming ownership of VPSNodes. Maybe Matthew from LoveVPS. who was the original owner of the design that VPSNodes is using can ask the guy who he sold the design to, who he then sold it to. Wondering if that checks out.

This isn't 'proof' of anything, other than some 'strange coincidences' and shady practices. Without the CC connection, these are still companies I would avoid and advice to avoid. All same hardware, same 'datacenter' (middle man) and sketchy details.

Abort abort.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Did Jon get mad at you Jack for starting this thread? Google comical has the original title still as a result, I just noticed.

Pnr1I7S.png

amuck-landowner