amuck-landowner

New forum idea: Water Cooler / Laundry Room for drama threads.

Hxxx

Back on topic!!!!

I've been thinking about this concept of isolating the bad-industry chatter.  Actually have been thinking about it far too much lately.

There are two distinct dimensions to the chatter:

1. "Established" shady companies

2. Bullshit small wannabe companies

The Established shady companies mostly come out of ColoCrossing.   

The Bullshit small wannabes come mostly ... out of ColoCrossing.

Before, my solution was just to BAN ColoCrossing companies and those who use said network(s), novel idea.  Unfair to folks who buy from them.

My revised logic to solve 1 and 2 is a new HYBRID.

MAKE VERIFIED PROVIDER mean something.   Like the process to be VERFIED should demand incorporation, tax proof, length of operation in business, basically nearly credit worthiness.  If a bank wouldn't talk to said company, why should vpsBoard customers?  Companies like some Chicago-whatever would kick and scream about being denied status based on prior behavior, but that's going to happen.   General idea would inflict self harm on jackass operators and those with disregard to customers and common sense in addition to the tax + incorporation stuff.

Aside from VERIFIED PROVIDERS, do away with all unverified provider listings and presence.  Kill them all going forward.

In this way, vpsBoard does what the other sites don't, we vet folks at the door.   We promote qualified, seasoned and ideally mostly stable companies.
Pretty good point. The only thing that I don't agree with is: " If a bank wouldn't talk to said company, why should vpsBoard customers?" Credit now days is not easy  earned. Is not like 10 years ago, you can find people in their 30 that never took a loan from the bank or a CC, which means that usually their credit will be too new if not insufficient for a bank to consider them. 

About the INC, is kind of debatable, there are many business structures, usually you will follow what your financial adviser recommend you. Can be LLC, DBA, etc...(you probably know more than me on this). So I don't think INC should be like a factor to consider. Plus INC is not something hard to get... it does not guarantee honest business. In fact is better for shady business...

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Pretty good point. The only thing that I don't agree with is: " If a bank wouldn't talk to said company, why should vpsBoard customers?" Credit now days is not easy  earned. Is not like 10 years ago, you can find people in their 30 that never took a loan from the bank or a CC, which means that usually their credit will be too new if not insufficient for a bank to consider them. 

About the INC, is kind of debatable, there are many business structures, usually you will follow what your financial adviser recommend you. Can be LLC, DBA, etc...(you probably know more than me on this). So I don't think INC should be like a factor to consider. Plus INC is not something hard to get... it does not guarantee honest business. In fact is better for shady business...
Thanks!   Just to clarify,  credit worthiness in the traditional sense wasn't what I exactly meant.  Little word messing there on my part. 

If the person/company wouldn't approach a bank about a credit deal due to flaky and bogus details was more of the underlying emphasis.  No doubt that credit today is a black art and not good indication of everything.  Although I may not frown about seeing DUNS or related ratings on some companies.

As for incorporation, LLC is the cheap and quick route.   No excuse to not take that route at minimum.  Not doing that infers personal liability, something no one in today's world wants or will accept.  Any incorporation should be mandatory and will vary by country.   The existence of NO incorporation is certainly prohibited in many countries.  Yes, plenty of bad dealings by incorporated entities and arguably gives a shield of protection to act less than reputable.  Overall, vast majority use such legitimately and are well behaved corporations.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Here's a mock-up: http://img.bs/ColoCrossing%20Celebration%20Sale.png

Tried to post this as a sales thread last month, but my post count wasn't high enough. :(
Post doesn't even meet the requirements of an actual offer. You've got enough posts now, make it match the rules for an offer and it'll be approved. Because people were unable to read the rules in the past (Your thread being an example) I have taken the liberty of moving the rules to the most visible place possible, in the text field where people type their offers. So have it.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Here's a mock-up: http://img.bs/ColoCrossing%20Celebration%20Sale.png

Tried to post this as a sales thread last month, but my post count wasn't high enough. :(
Mr. Matt / HostNun,

WTF is that?

You realize that's a total facepalm self induced nut punch right?

The image you posted, starts out with post 540 from vpsB:

That is dated, Jun 04 2013.

Curtis asked there in that screencap if HVH was owned by CC.  "Ernie" replied no, refused to answer questions and cut chat off.  Ernie LIED.

I think it took until about page 6 on this thread on January 27, 2014 (7 months after above thread), for CC/HVH to admit that they were one in the same company.  At about that time WHT's mighty BAN HAMMER was about to smoke CC/HVH, a process the CC house companies are OH SO FAMILIAR WITH.

Now I know their deal/merger/buy/acquisition by CC of HVH happened way back in January of 2013 or 5 months before I originally scored earth in their name.

It's funny that you call vpsB a microniche, while powwowing over there on a site (LET) ran by serial liars who endlessly shill for their own pocketbook.  Perhaps you should sign up with the ColoCrossing cult, drink the koolaid and get to it.

HN-Matt

Verified Provider
WTF is that?

You realize that's a total facepalm self induced nut punch right?

[...]

It's funny that you call vpsB a microniche,
I didn't call vpsB a microniche, @MannDude wanted to make a dramathread subforum so I created a mock-up with an offer that I wasn't able to post last month. The offer is live and I think 39% off any of our VPS plans is a pretty good deal. What's the problem?

Perhaps you should sign up with . . . ColoCrossing
I might get a server with them soon. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

HN-Matt

Verified Provider
The image you posted, starts out with post 540 from vpsB:

That is dated, Jun 04 2013.

Curtis asked there in that screencap if HVH was owned by CC.  "Ernie" replied no, refused to answer questions and cut chat off.  Ernie LIED.

I think it took until about page 6 on this thread on January 27, 2014 (7 months after above thread), for CC/HVH to admit that they were one in the same company.  At about that time WHT's mighty BAN HAMMER was about to smoke CC/HVH, a process the CC house companies are OH SO FAMILIAR WITH.

Now I know their deal/merger/buy/acquisition by CC of HVH happened way back in January of 2013 or 5 months before I originally scored earth in their name.
My thesis is that ColoCrossing is the sine qua non of vpsBoard's fedora complex. Do you disagree?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
My thesis is that ColoCrossing is the sine qua non of vpsBoard's fedora complex. Do you disagree?
CC is only mentioned so frequently here because of the history and their continued SCAMMING.  Other companies have say bad support, funny customer issues, some network abuse,  CC takes things to another level of comedy, fraud and lying.

How many times has ColoCrossing lied and have I bitch slapped them? Quite a few.

All that said, I am an equal opportunist.   I said many times in this year of 2014 that all shady providers at any level are fair game and more focus on more bad behavior.  Did you miss the Burst.net fiasco?  There will be plenty more.  Invest in popcorn.

AuroraZero

Well on the face of the proposal it looks good, but after thinking about it for awhile and mulling it over I can not seeing it doing any good what so ever. The people that are complaing will still complain. They will not want to have to take the time to do the few clicks to disable seeing the threads or subforum.

Sometimes you are put into a no win situation. This might be one of those times. Personally I could care less one way or other. The drama threads serve a purpose just as the technical threads serve theirs. It is all in how you look at them. Perspective is grand a glorious thing in this world.

amuck-landowner