Changelog

Version: 01-08-2014

Added

[Tickets] Added option to use 'and','or','not' in ticket tag filter Watch video

[Clientarea] Added option to label services in client area Watch video

[OnApp] Added option to reconnect in Vm console

Bugs Fixed

[Clients] Cant login as client if his account was closed

[upgrades] Upgrade price for component is misscalculated for monthly cycle and account after renewal/order

[Orderpage] Simple boxes order page shows only first billing cycle

[Automation] Setting invoice generation days to 0 doesn't update current service invoice date

[Tickets] Ticket view pagination shows wrong values if tickets are filtered

[Cloudytheme] Selecting first checkbox on domain page doesn't select all domains

[PowerDNS] Can't create few types of records, eg. RRSIG, DNSKEY

[internetX] After updating nameservers client area still shows old values.

[invoice] Service with addons generate wrong recurring invoices

[CartSuggestions] SQL exception in cart suggestion plugin

[invoice] Invoices emails are sent twice

[Contacts] Privileges for services are doubled if product has additional modules

[statistics] Search output layout is broken on statistics page

[Virtualizor] CPU speed & priority are not using selected plan values

[OnApp] Resource tab shows negative ips limit if onapp billing plan has no limits
Sometimes I wish Hostbill was more commonly used. I like the end-user design, and I feel like the admin area wasn't really all that bad either. Pricing is a bit bipolar, though.

Patrick

INIZ.COM
Verified Provider
Admin side is awful, client front end is good.

They've been doing weekly updates for several months now

jhadley

Verified Provider
Personally I don't like the client side much. There are about 4/5 levels of menus to control a VM.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
I kinda wish Hostbill was actually... not so crazy with their prices.

I'd love to use Hostbill actually over other systems.

fizzyjoe908

Verified Provider
The devs know what they are doing when it comes to the software, but not when it comes to business.
Hardly. It's not just the pricing that is chaotic.

Every single weekly release adds half-baked features and creates more bugs than it solves. Furthermore, most of the features added that do work are not very significant. For example, they sell the Proxmox module for, at last check, $99. This module has yet to be updated for Proxmox 3 despite many requests to have it updated.

If you don't offer CloudStack, colocation, or OpenStack services, you are a minor customer to Hostbill as that is what they are focusing on for whatever reason.

InertiaNetworks-John

Inertia Networks, LLC
Verified Provider

Every single weekly release adds half-baked features and creates more bugs than it solves. Furthermore, most of the features added that do work are not very significant. For example, they sell the Proxmox module for, at last check, $99. This module has yet to be updated for Proxmox 3 despite many requests to have it updated.

If you don't offer CloudStack, colocation, or OpenStack services, you are a minor customer to Hostbill as that is what they are focusing on for whatever reason.
Gosh it's been a bit since I was using that software. The features that I used never failed, but has it really gotten that bad over there? It would not surprise me.

SPINIKR-RO

Verified Provider
Admin side is awful, client front end is good.

They've been doing weekly updates for several months now
 I will have to disagree, the admin side is amazingly well setup to work in. The ticketing is fantastic.

Its been over a year since weekly updates was a thing.

WHMCS > Hostbill > Ubersmith

Ill take Hostbill please. Their current pricing is attractive to a larger demographic than you think. I know several Ubersmith owners that have had more than one meeting at ditching it.

Then again, if one didn't get in on the all included sub $100 owned licenses I can see why its not economical to to change from WHMCS at a certain level.

The current state of Hosbill is active developement, more attention is focused on things certain improvements on modules where others modules are fully developed but do need more attention over time.

The Friday releases are good but most HostBill owners stay about a version or two behind for various reasons.

The bug reporting was terrible but recently they reorganized how that is handled. I have personally seen submissions get fixed that Friday of a report or been sent feedback for clarification etc.

I think its a more balanced atmosphere now despite a very ridiculous road.

If you want a $10/mo software license, how many licenses do you need to sell to justify the time to develop and time to actively develop? I have posed this question to before, how many here think that a software such as SolusVM has enough licenses to have a staff that makes development on a daily basis? Some of this software is not only industry specific but further specific within the industry. We see very slow development from SolusVM, outsourced support that can barely string sentences together. Is there really enough market share to develop a application to be updated on a continuous basis a a few bucks a month?

I think if you look close enough and really think about it, compare the price per month to what you think actual costs are.

Hostbill has something the others dont, optional directions for their consumers.

Need just a ticketing system for any industry? dont buy any modules.

Plan on selling VMs but not offering any other hosting related services? buy the specific module.

Last edited by a moderator:

setupvps

Verified Provider
We use Hostbill and i personally say i prefer Hostbill then WHMCS, and if not thos 2 then whats left? AWBS? dead project.

Ubersmith Lacking of toys.

Clientexec also limited

​Blesta is the only one that going to be amazing but it will take time to catch up with Hostbill addons

Enterprisevpssolutions

Article Submitter
Verified Provider
+1 Hostbill old licenses is where its at just wish he would update some of the older modules and not just create new ones and charge you for it lmao.

jamaica

Verified Provider
Hostbill is garbage for us. The problem with automatic currency converter, strange invoices summary, problem with modules - they just releasing new version for which we need to pay one more time. Weekly updates is a trash - one thing fixed, 100 is broken...

Xeepi

Verified Provider
If Hostbill was more reasonably priced I would switch over to it but its out of our price range. 
They have just lower down their branded license to $79.99, which I think is reasonable.

The problem is, their support price is absurd, and their codes are buggy.

Enterprisevpssolutions

Article Submitter
Verified Provider
You shouldn't have to pay for support as the cost of everything else should be included but sadly its not. Also the bug reporting method needs better communication between hostbill and clients only real way to get answers is to get a support ticket.

Xeepi

Verified Provider
You shouldn't have to pay for support as the cost of everything else should be included but sadly its not. Also the bug reporting method needs better communication between hostbill and clients only real way to get answers is to get a support ticket.
Indeed, Hostbill is lacking of interaction between official and clients, which they have never improved yet. 

Not to mention their 'vary from minute to minute' price, that's really hurt for people having interests in it.

Geekion

Verified Provider
i think hostbill still needs ore UI work i hope its developers improve the UI/UX

amuck-landowner