amuck-landowner

New vpsBoard theme

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
As part of some of the new weekend updates, I've added a new theme to vpsBoard. Please scroll down to the footer of the website and locate, "Change Theme". Check out "vpsBoard New" and let me know what you think.

Alternatively, screenshots are here:

spBl7Yuh.jpg

And:

yRj1MNTh.jpg

If everyone likes it, I may force the change sitewide. Otherwise, it will remain as an option. I may add a couple more themes to the mix, too. Enjoy!

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Oh man I love the new theme. It looks GREAT.

Adds more color too. Instead of all brown it's now dark grey and red!

joepie91

Problems I see:

* It's terrible for wide screens. It really needs a max-width setting somewhere.

* The contrast of the black bars is too strong; this color should probably be about 10% higher in brightness than it is now.

* Not enough color separation for other design elements. I'm just seeing as bunch of... things floating in white space on the page, without a clear idea of what belongs to what: http://owely.com/3rg7EU

jebat_ks

I love the contrast better than the current theme. But not keen on the white body background, try using something less 'whitey', maybe #F2F2F2

k0nsl

Bad Goy
Yes, I agree with you on that @Francisco. Other than that I like it, good colour combinations. Perhaps you could consider using a smoother font? Try to make everything easy on the eyes.

But yeah, I like it.

Dylan

The lack of a "Mark all read" button on the "View new content" page with the new theme is a bit of a downer (unless I'm blind, which is entirely possible).

Last edited by a moderator:

NickM

Verified Provider
I like it, as a concept.  Needs a few tweaks, particularly the max width as joepie mentioned.  One particular thing to note is that some of the red accents seem a bit out of place - particularly the red line in quotes between the header and the quoted content, and above / below the poll question.

Boltersdriveer

Verified Provider
Yep, definitely prefer the new one though wouldn't mind changes once in a while for seasons. The current one is nice for fall I guess.

SkylarM

Verified Provider
I'm growing to like it, but it def needs a max width. The site looks weird on it on a 2560 x 1440p resolution. So fixed width at least would be nice.

amuck-landowner