amuck-landowner

New Wave NetConnect Acquires ElectriCbyte.com

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
BlueVM just e-mailed out a big summer sale ad with yearly prices. Might not be too far out.
That my friend screams of fundraising...  Fab is digging with two hands for gold right now.

Someone double stacked his coupon with an offer for $8 a year 2GB VPS.   Someone else picked up E3's for something stupid.   Even the oversell ratio can't fix this self wounding and amputation at the knees.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
BlueVM just e-mailed out a big summer sale ad with yearly prices. Might not be too far out.
You had to go curse their ineptness.

How many copies of the BlueVM email have you received so far tonight?

Four copies so far for some folks.  Getting Mandrill'd in the inbox by Fabozzi, ahem, BlueVM.

k0nsl

Bad Goy
I got two copies on two different occasions (about 30 minute delay from the first to the second spam e-mail). I'll report this to Mandrill, that's what they use - right? I haven't checked it. Have not had any time and been ill since yesterday.

Ref:

bluevm-spam01_k0nsl.png

[edit]

Forget that fancy font.

You had to go curse their ineptness.

How many copies of the BlueVM email have you received so far tonight?

Four copies so far for some folks.  Getting Mandrill'd in the inbox by Fabozzi, ahem, BlueVM.

r some folks.  Getting Mandrill'd in the inbox by Fabozzi, ahem, BlueVM.

Last edited by a moderator:

nunim

VPS Junkie
I got two copies on two different occasions (about 30 minute delay from the first to the second spam e-mail). I'll report this to Mandrill, that's what they use - right? I haven't checked it. Have not had any time and been ill since yesterday.

Ref:

bluevm-spam01_k0nsl.png

[edit]

Forget that fancy font.

r some folks.  Getting Mandrill'd in the inbox by Fabozzi, ahem, BlueVM.
Yup, they use Mandrill.  I got one of the "ChicagoVPS Summer Sale! Dedicated and VPS offers inside!" despite asking to be unsubscribed previously.  I went in changed my email address to one that doesn't exist as well as reported the mailing to Mandrill for SPAM as well as not being CAN-SPAM compliant, i.e. no unsubscribe link.

Isn't Mandrill only supposed to be used for transactional emails?

Eric1212

Verified Provider
Hi guys,

Chris is right -- we need to spell everything out here before things get twisted.  To clear things up:

• The offers I made on WHT were long before Mr. Fabozzi and I had ever done business together - I was working with a friend at the time. Contacting WHT mods for a non-issue seems unreasonable, even if you're a frustrated customer. 
  • I've represented multiple companies on WHT - including the few I've sold there (and on other forums). I've sent a message to the WHT mods to ensure they understand my true identity, and that I don't OWN most of the companies, I was just representing them. I've also found some great part-time work thanks to WHT (Great resource)
  • "He was calling himself Eric Andrews when he owned CubixCloud" >> This is true. Both are in my family name - I decided it was best to use my primary birth name at ElectricByte, as I was planning to register it officially, but never got around to it.  
  • While Co-founder of CubixCloud, I never worked directly with ColoCrossing - but a provider who had colo with them. (see ancient LET thread for more info)
And thanks @CVPS_Chris for the kind words. Glad we met! 

Edit: sorry for replying to this forum so late. I've been busy offline.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
So are you sure ChicagoVPS actually bought you and the year in which they bought you?

Cause CVPS is sitting in confession over the UGVPS stuff and serial lying confessed to. 

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Forgive my stupidity.... Too many bumps to the head...  Let's write this one down for the public record too.

Chris Fabozzi claims he NEVER worked for ColoCrossing.  That Biloh just listed him with a "position" to inflate the headcount and perception of ColoCrossing.  Don't make me find it, it was said and I will :)

So with that said, how would Fabozzi know I am Brian (a former ColoCrossing/Velocity employee) unless:

1. Fabozzi lied about his prior work / employment at CC...

or

2. Fabozzi, "Biloh's best friend", is actually Biloh posting here?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Well if you didn't work at CC and are just a CC customer like the story has always been told...  Would make good sense.

Like I have no clue who works with your brother or your neighbor or whoever a step removed and still in proximity.  Likewise, you being familiar with who was working at your buddy Jon's company, not really normal thing to know.

CVPS_Chris

Verified Provider
It was always stated that Ive been best friends with Jon for over 20 years. I worked out of the office, so yes of course I would know people that work there lol

All old news my friend, seems your losing your memory.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
That's because I am not Brian :)  I only play Brian online when I am not showing off my doctorate in mike'ology.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Hahahah how does that make me an employee just because I know you?
Maybe the same way you knew how many servers BuyVM had racked in Buffalo even though you're just a 'customer' of Colocrossing as well.

... I am Brian (a former ColoCrossing/Velocity employee) ....

Care to expand this detail ?
Yeppers. Brian is a long ago former employee of ColoCrossing / Velocity.  Believe the fellow might have rage quit when he had his fill there.   Him and another lad both were friends and story goes that they both left CC for greener pastures.

Unsure why they grind poor Brian up.  Brian himself doesn't understand the reasoning either.  Not that I know him, but like many people in this hosting drama, I've interacted with him along the way.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
@CVPS_Chris

And it has come to my attention that ElectricByte was owned by a legal age minor.

How does buying such a company work?  Did you get permission and signature from his mother?

I am beginning to think GreenValueHost's press releases and announcements are more newsworthy and legitimate than ChicagoVPS/parent company/ColoCrossing/parent company.

#BADABING

Eric1212

Verified Provider
@CVPS_Chris

And it has come to my attention that ElectricByte was owned by a legal age minor.
The business was never registered nor licensed in Canada so technically there was no "company" but instead: a website / brand, or whatever you'd like to call it.  Also, so long as you're 16, you can register a business in Ontario -- I just never got around to it, and our revenues were always under CAD$15,000 annually, so there was no rush. 

No need to create drama today, everyone and everything is okay. :)

amuck-landowner