amuck-landowner

New WHMCS exploit (10-18-2013)

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
...what problems does it fix?

Instead of being cloak and dagger about it, post what you know and the evidence/proof to back it up. Otherwise you're just leaving everyone second guessing which does nothing to help people out.

trewq

Verified Provider

Instead of being cloak and dagger about it, post what you know and the evidence/proof to back it up. Otherwise you're just leaving everyone second guessing which does nothing to help people out.
If he does that then it is public. I imagine it has been reported to whmcs.

concerto49

Verified Provider

So when someone posts an exploit they get bashed for not keeping quiet and notifying WHMCS instead. Now when someone doesn't post - also get bashed for not telling. Huh?

Increhost

Verified Provider
Hope some time just WHMCS pay localhost to make a full code audit,

and give some secure coding teaching to their devs. :)

Cloudrck

Verified Provider
Hope some time just WHMCS pay localhost to make a full code audit,

and give some secure coding teaching to their devs. :)
If they would bother to read the descriptions that go with the exploits he has posted they could apply fixes to code he hasn't exploited yet. Doesn't seem like they are doing this though.

apt

What is still broken?

What does the "evil" lines do? Just changing to invalid license key or is there any other harm?
The "evil" lines `eval` (haha), allowing for arbitrary code execution.

Last edited by a moderator:

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
So when someone posts an exploit they get bashed for not keeping quiet and notifying WHMCS instead. Now when someone doesn't post - also get bashed for not telling. Huh?
I asked what had been fixed, that's somewhat different. Why bother saying anything if you're not helping?

Completely different to publishing details and info on how to compromise someone's system.

jcarney1987

Yea I got a email from them last night and updated my WHMCS to 5.2.9 and it broke my mass mailing features.  I'm not sure if its the patch or not, but I've reupoaded several times and still can't get it fixed.  Anybody have that problem after updated to 5.2.9?

amuck-landowner