amuck-landowner

New WHMCS Exploit

XFS_Duke

XFuse Solutions, LLC
Verified Provider
I'll post...

Will post more as I see them. I did, as well as recommend that everyone using WHMCS lock the name fields on their installation. It's simple to do:

Setup > General Settings > Other then Locked Client Profile Fields

I locked First Name, Last Name and Company... You could lock them all and make the customer contact you to update, but eh...

concerto49

Verified Provider
People on one of our WHMCS installs keep changing their first name to:

'AES_ENCRYPT(1,1), firstname=(SELECT GROUP_CONCAT(id,0x3a,username,0x3a,email,0x3a,password SEPARATOR 0x2c20) FROM tbladmins)

It isn't doing anything, but it's funny to see them register and try and try and try... lol
We get this all day long too.

SkylarM

Verified Provider
We've had a bunch of people sign up but not place orders, we have Client fields locked outside of email after initial registration so maybe that helped? Who knows.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Aldryic locks everything.

It's a pain in the butt to the customer but honestly, the only time people want to change things is when accounts aren't in their own name.

Francisco

SkylarM

Verified Provider
Aldryic locks everything.

It's a pain in the butt to the customer but honestly, the only time people want to change things is when accounts aren't in their own name.

Francisco
I had to lock it all down when a customer doing not so legal things was terminated he promptly went in and edited his account details out of the account. Wasn't having any of that :)

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Likewise. We do have first and last name locked though. Regardless, all changes are logged and archived too for the above reason mentioned by SkylarM.

ServerBros

Verified Provider
and tomorrow... "New WHMCS Exploit, AGAIN"
Too true, it's going to take a complete re-write to fix all their sloppy coding, or at the very least an external audit. cPanel are not much better right enough however they don't seem to make as rookie mistakes as WHMCS

Ree

WHMCS really need to get their act together.  They seem to learn nothing from each exploit.
In their defense, if these exploits are all in old code then anything they learn now won't help fix code they wrote days/months/years ago.

amuck-landowner