amuck-landowner

Newegg introduces Bitcoin support

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Glad to see more BitCoin and alterna-currency support by more traditional, large companies.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I am waiting for Ebay/Paypal to join on the BitCoin movement.   When that happens, some serious momentum will happen.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Nice!

I bought a pair of pants from Overstock.com with BitCoin, returned them and was refunded via BitCoin, then bought a drying rack for wet laundry from them.... with BitCoin!

Pretty rad.

texteditor

Premium Buffalo-based Hosting
Nice!

I bought a pair of pants from Overstock.com with BitCoin, returned them and was refunded via BitCoin, then bought a drying rack for wet laundry from them.... with BitCoin!

Pretty rad.
Overstock posted some statistics about their Bitcoin sales a while back

The most frequent item purchased by bitcoiners? Bed sheets

SkylarM

Verified Provider
Bitcoin as a payment processor is pretty cool, must admit. We just added bit-pay, seems like a good time with companies like newegg getting on board.

texteditor

Premium Buffalo-based Hosting
What is gonna happen when Bitpay runs out of VC money to give to businesses in exchange for people's coins? Nothing about their business model makes sense

dave

I would guess that bitpay makes their money buying and selling the coins on the market, with the usual spread.

definedcode

Verified Provider
The only problem (I've found) is that BitPay's withdrawal thresholds are very high, £1000 before you can get a payout in GBP. That's hard for a starting-out host but easy for a company like Newegg.

amuck-landowner