amuck-landowner

Nexim Web Hosting Email Spam - GVH Client Database

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Yeah i'm not sure why they'd be given ACL access within solus to even be able to dump the database. While it is clunky and excessive, Solus does have an ACL system in place. You can control pretty much every single thing.

So why did anyone besides Lance & Jonny have access to this? I could see Eric as well but he seems to be MIA now.

Francisco

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Yeah i'm not sure why they'd be given ACL access within solus to even be able to dump the database. While it is clunky and excessive, Solus does have an ACL system in place. You can control pretty much every single thing.

So why did anyone besides Lance & Jonny have access to this? I could see Eric as well but he seems to be MIA now.
Probably cause Jonny depended on other folks to run his shop.  Also probably failed to have common sense auditing, process of revoking credentials, etc.   This garbage happens in shops, common, sadly.

Lance, who is Lance?  Eric, who is Eric?

Kris

I doubt it was Solus, but a WHMCS dump with the emails extracted. 

Lance never really had anything to do with things but the papers.

Jon started GVH himself, I remember his tickets back at HVH. No Lance anywhere, never ticketed in. 

Only when GVH started making the insane deals and was probably groomed by CC did they get one of his friends to be the official 'CEO' and owner, while Jon still ran everything. Hence why I think it's a CC-pass through.

I'm sure Lance hasn't had much of anything to do with GVH until it's time to sign papers / talk with Duke. 

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I doubt it was Solus, but a WHMCS dump with the emails extracted. 

Lance never really had anything to do with things but the papers.
Unsure what Kaus used, but he clearly violated multiple laws.   Have to be running a pretty shitty failco to go trying to attract GVH VPS customers (assuming that he grabbed Solus dbase).

Lance, teehee  that poor guy.  Look at what shows up front side in Google:

https://www.google.com/search?q=lance+jessurun

Poor guys name match in Google images up top is basically this:

1S05iucVNddr0fO.jpg

I mean, that's going to do wonders with future professional employment and interviews.  How do you explain all that stuff on the interwebs to normal folks?   H8rs right ....  Probably best to claim identity theft.

Eric sure disappeared at the right time.  That guy was the second coming of and now is the invisible man.  I think a UFO abducted him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lee

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Unsure what Kaus used, but he clearly violated multiple laws.   Have to be running a pretty shitty failco to go trying to attract GVH VPS customers (assuming that he grabbed Solus dbase).

Lance, teehee  that poor guy.  Look at what shows up front side in Google:

https://www.google.com/search?q=lance+jessurun

Poor guys name match in Google images up top is basically this:

1S05iucVNddr0fO.jpg

I mean, that's going to do wonders with future professional employment and interviews.  How do you explain all that stuff on the interwebs to normal folks?   H8rs right ....  Probably best to claim identity theft.

Eric sure disappeared at the right time.  That guy was the second coming of and now is the invisible man.  I think a UFO abducted him.
Poor guy?  Nah don't think so. His Linkedin page says

President and CEO

GreenValueHost

If he is happy to parade himself as the president and CEO then he should have acted like one.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I am wondering if the LET crowd is going to torch, bomb, legally spank Nexim? 

I saw people talking like such.   

@drmike I already alerted the D.A. Office in Boulder County, CO to make them aware of this fiasco. But I have to follow up the Colorado State Attorneys Consumer Fraud division to see what any kind of legal action can be taken against this "Cluster Fuck" of a company.  He practically stole the customers information, but Identity theft laws will not cover this from what I have seen in some law books. 

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Jonny's in a real pickle if @aggressivenetworks or anyone else pressures their SA's.

Jonny has to decide who's ass to save - Nexim's or his own. If he saved Nexim's, it's going to get out that 'Jonny authorized Nexim to use their client database even though he hasnt worked for them since December' or he covers himself (the smart move), is honest, & scumbag Nexim gets nailed to the cross.

I'm sorry but are you seriously telling me that the kid wrote a mass file search that parsed for email addresses and that's how the GVH database got mixed into it? There's a league of legends meme going around right now called BIG SORRY, and that's what I see this brat saying.

If you want to put in the first nail, run this to WHT and you're going to see one, or both, of them swimming in ban territory i'm sure. The only company i've seen get away with stealing someones client list and emailing it was BlackLotus and they still got a 6+ page hate thread over it. You put anything related to GVH up there and the nodes might catch fire.

Francisco

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
The only company i've seen get away with stealing someones client list and emailing it was BlackLotus and they still got a 6+ page hate thread over it.
When Burst took VolumeDrive's DB and emailed its customers only a handful of people on WHT called them out for it..the rest of the idiots were too busy lapping up the bullshit Shawn was spewing.

When Shawn was forced out of Burst after its creditors took over he took the Burst customer email lists with him which were not his to take and emailed everyone on the list when he started his next hosting company...and once again most people on WHT gave him a pass.

Jonny has to decide who's ass to save - Nexim's or his own. If he saved Nexim's, it's going to get out that 'Jonny authorized Nexim to use their client database even though he hasnt worked for them since December' or he covers himself (the smart move), is honest, & scumbag Nexim gets nailed to the cross.
Jonny could cover himself on WHT but he can't cover (protect) himself (GVH) where it counts: in the court room.  Even if Nexim got nailed to the cross, a customer whose info was breached could still sue GVH for negligence over the breach (alleging GVH's failure to properly screen employers/contractors and its poor corporate security policies directly contributed to the breach).

edited to add: do I think either Nexim or GVH will be looking at a lawsuit? No, because the typical "low end" customer isn't going to sue (as witnessed by CVPS's multiple breaches)

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
...what makes you think this was even a breach?  This IS dipshit Jonny we're talking about.  Were I to cast a wager, I would put it on that Nexim never 'stole' the list to begin with, but rather went up to Jonny and said "Give you 100$ for that list of emails." - and Jonny, always desparate, jumped right on that to finance his creeper habits.

lbft

Someone who use to be involved in GVH and owns said company deserves some time in a pair of handcuffs and some legalized sodomy to break his ass into the real world.
Was it really necessary to bring the old prison rape line into this discussion? In my opinion it only detracts from your (otherwise correct) argument that this data breach and misuse deserves punishment.

lbft

Same reason as any other GVH-related dumbness: because they probably never thought about the consequences.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Was it really necessary to bring the old prison rape line into this discussion? In my opinion it only detracts from your (otherwise correct) argument that this data breach and misuse deserves punishment.
It was an intentional word play @lbft

"Someone who use to be involved in GVH and owns said company deserves some time in a pair of handcuffs and some legalized sodomy to break his ass into the real world."

[SIZE=13.63636302948px]Literally, a play on the common adage of being f'd by the system; to indicate legal action which smashes one completely. [/SIZE]

I'd never advocate such a form of assault like the inferred misread.   But I would encourage folks like him with repetitive disregards for customers, their data, etc. be collared and roughed up.  Years ago, someone would have literally kicked his ass for this stuff and that probably would have stopped on the insanity.

Of course it's fine to violate customers rights and abuse them freely though.  Literally f'ing them after arguably robbing them, considering just how many GVH customers have signed up, tried the services and left dissatisfied.

I have no sympathy.  If I my data was in his database, I'd smash the kid and his imaginary friend / CEO Casper Jessurun.  Again F-them, customers have rights and lieu of them, they can catch a left and a right fist.  

Can't leave Kaushal and Nexim Web Hosting out of it either.  They were the ones who did the big dirty reappropriation of the GVH data.   Again, a friendly game called Punchout would be suitable, one round.

Same reason as any other GVH-related dumbness: because they probably never thought about the consequences.
Like I always moan about, time to hold companies accountable.   Not accountable, then I guess it's time we drive them out of business.

When Burst took VolumeDrive's DB and emailed its customers only a handful of people on WHT called them out for it..the rest of the idiots were too busy lapping up the bullshit Shawn was spewing.

When Shawn was forced out of Burst after its creditors took over he took the Burst customer email lists with him which were not his to take and emailed everyone on the list when he started his next hosting company...and once again most people on WHT gave him a pass.
Burst's insanity.   

The VolumeDrive database got over on folks since it was vD doing a runner, not communicating, etc.  That situation in hindsight was multiple levels of retarded on both sides.   Both companies should have been set on fire.

The post Burst new Arcus company and spamming, we jumped on Shawn about that and he showed up here to discuss.   Haven't heard much from him, but, ideally his karma account and bank account are balanced in being deficient - as it relates to re-roping prior customers via SPAM.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent

I was just chuckling thinking about folks like being discussed here.   Just imagine if they ran retail businesses like this.   Imagine being busted for selling off or giving customer details to the business down the road.   Imagine these guys dealing with people in real life, at the register, at the return desk.  

That would be something I'd pay to watch, as it would either be entirely hilarious or it would be these folks tripping on themselves to beg forgiveness. 

MattKC

The post Burst new Arcus company and spamming, we jumped on Shawn about that and he showed up here to discuss.   Haven't heard much from him, but, ideally his karma account and bank account are balanced in being deficient - as it relates to re-roping prior customers via SPAM.
I'm actually surprised we have not heard any more from Arcus since then. I still don't buy the exit happened as he claims, there were too many oddities with the story and people involved.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Seems like a lot of companies do this now and always get away with it so the process repeats.

I think this is because people don't hold these companies accountable.   Easy to say, 'going to sue'.  Hardly anyone takes the action though.

Big piece is people don't know their rights and what remedies are available to them (me included).

Whole emphasis on privacy is about to swell up all over.  Because of stuff like this and mass data collection and the misfits using all of it for less than good purposes.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Seems like a lot of companies do this now and always get away with it so the process repeats.
<puts on WHT voice> Have you checked the offers section?

Many people only check the offers section on forums, and so  sleazy providers are able to get away with xx and yy and zz because...