amuck-landowner

Nice feature to view all vpsBoard threads from all sections at one page!

A Jump From Let

I've emailed MannDude with a request to possibly install a plugin for viewing threads exactly like we used to with Vanilla before migration to here, and he sent back a link that impressed me and is even better than Vanilla, and any plugins!

Just use that link and watch magic

http://vpsboard.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=viewNewContent&search_app=forums

So that's 99.9999% of Vanilla features we were used to! added to new functionality we've got  ;)

I've bookmarked that link  :D Furthermore a small modification can make the above link our standard homepage when we open vpsboard.com  :D  but that's up to admins and the rest here to decide if needed/necessary  :D

ps kindly move thread where it belongs if not here. 

Sunshine

Nice. I would really like that to be the frontpage.

A quick hack could be to simply:

- make the webserver redirect / to that link (except if HTTP referer is vpsboard.com)
- point the vpsBoard logo at that link
- keep the "Forums" link pointing at /

People would then reach the new frontpage if typing vpsboard.com in the browser or visiting from an external link or clicking the logo, but still be able to view the board sections overview by clicking "Forums" or the left-most breadcrumb etc.

However, I don't know IPB very well. So if there's a "real" way of changing the frontpage then you should probably do that instead ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ivan

Verified Provider
Yup, I personally check there most of the time because I really like how Vanilla's discussion layout is like, and how it shows how many new replies have been added since the last time you've checked the thread. 

Much more convenient that way. 

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Now if we could also have a "mark everything read" link life would be almost perfect ;-)
See those quotation marks by the forum titles on the index? 
f_icon.png

Click em'

bizzard

Being a regular reader here, what I am interested is what all new things are here or what all things people are talking about. So, I reload the "New Content" page most of the time. Since I don't use bookmarks much, use the homepage of the site just to click on the top link. Personally, for me, if the "New Content" page takes the place of the home page, I can save the time taken to click that link :)

A Jump From Let

Thanks to everyone, and I agree too it'd be nice to have it someway. Should there be a poll for that?

Nice. I would really like that to be the frontpage. A quick hack could be to simply: - make the webserver redirect / to that link (except if HTTP referer is vpsboard.com) - point the vpsBoard logo at that link - keep the "Forums" link pointing at / People would then reach the new frontpage if typing vpsboard.com in the browser or visiting from an external link or clicking the logo, but still be able to view the board sections overview by clicking "Forums" or the left-most breadcrumb etc.   However, I don't know IPB very well. So if there's a "real" way of changing the frontpage then you should probably do that instead

That looks good.

amuck-landowner