amuck-landowner

Ninjahawk, mind telling us all what is up?

KuJoe

Verified Provider
What's wrong Dacentec? I find >99% uptime acceptable for the prices they charge, not as good as CommercialMedia's uptime but still pretty good in the 4 months I've used them.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I don't think I've gotten an email... is the NYC location going to change? I've got a VM with them in NYC.

NinjaHawk has a solid service, and it's always been good to me. Unsure if this is a result of anything 'negative' or simply a move in a better direction. I suppose time will tell. Definitely a short notice, which is a bummer for those impacted and we'll agree that it was too short. Hopefully everything is alright with SeriesN though. He's a good dude who I know busts his ass at his other job too so I hope all is well.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
So UK location is gone, Phoenix is gone, Dallas is migrating.

Seems obvious with that much movement that his company isn't his any longer / sold out / merged.  Only way you pull that much stuff at once is when taken over or when you put down the pipe and realize it's time to run from the Buffalo folks.

As for Dacentc, blah.   Flaky place and even moreso since the buyout.  Guess it would alright at the low colo rates for a backup location and non-customer facing.

notFound

Don't take me seriously!
Verified Provider
I don't think I've gotten an email... is the NYC location going to change? I've got a VM with them in NYC.

NinjaHawk has a solid service, and it's always been good to me. Unsure if this is a result of anything 'negative' or simply a move in a better direction. I suppose time will tell. Definitely a short notice, which is a bummer for those impacted and we'll agree that it was too short. Hopefully everything is alright with SeriesN though. He's a good dude who I know busts his ass at his other job too so I hope all is well.
This, I had a VM in his NYC location for a while and I really did like it. Nahian is a really cool guy too. I do hope everything goes smoothly for the customers after this.

SeriesN

Verified Provider
So UK location is gone, Phoenix is gone, Dallas is migrating.

Seems obvious with that much movement that his company isn't his any longer / sold out / merged.  Only way you pull that much stuff at once is when taken over or when you put down the pipe and realize it's time to run from the Buffalo folks.

As for Dacentc, blah.   Flaky place and even moreso since the buyout.  Guess it would alright at the low colo rates for a backup location and non-customer facing.
Phoenix stays as it is, so does NYC.  Dallas location is being merged into Internap instead of having 2 different location and internap actually does have a better network to be exact. 

I have explained before on Lowendtalk I believe and I will repeat again, UK was a money losing project and it was only smart decision for us to close it down. Granted, it is my fault for not letting everyone know in advance and I will take full responsibilty.

SeriesN

Verified Provider
This, I had a VM in his NYC location for a while and I really did like it. Nahian is a really cool guy too. I do hope everything goes smoothly for the customers after this.
Thanks for the kind words. We actually have nice upgrades planned for our NY and other location including but not limiting to SSD servers, Windows Licensing and so on.

kaniini

Beware the bunny-rabbit!
Verified Provider
What's wrong Dacentec? I find >99% uptime acceptable for the prices they charge, not as good as CommercialMedia's uptime but still pretty good in the 4 months I've used them.
I think the graph pretty much explains the point I was making, but since you want me to spell it out for you... each of those gaps was an outage where InertiaNetworks was down, due to Dacentec being down.  That month had 98.3% delivered uptime, which if that's all you can deliver, you shouldn't be criticising others about their stability.

KuJoe

Verified Provider
@kaniini Oh, my graphs for Dacentec look a lot different with over 99.9% uptime for 2 months and 100% uptime the two other months.

ramnet

Verified Provider
Ramhost.com has UK services, if you're in dire need of it. I am betting the DDoS a provider is going on still causing a mass migration out.
UK nodes are being moved to NYC, and Dallas nodes are being re-located.... all with 2 days advanced notice.
They are moving more than just UK Services so I doubt that.

I would just like to clarify for the thread that we have no intention of shutting down our UK location anytime soon, or for that matter any of our other services and locations.

Just in case there was any confusion there.

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner