amuck-landowner

ocz ssd 128gb + PrimoCache 4GB cache disk io

texteditor

Premium Buffalo-based Hosting
Enjoy it while it last. When it comes to OCZ, that means you don't have long

also a hearty lol at using an OS that requires you to get third-party software to create a ram disk

k0nsl

Bad Goy
Do you have any personal examples to give us regarding that statement? I still have five Agility 3’s, the 60 GB variant, revision 2.22, and I bought them back in 2010 and they’re still huffing along just fine, no issues whatever  ^_^

I’ve also heard horror stories about OCZ but they are either just that (horror stories) or unfortunate occurrences. I’m not defending OCZ the way your typical fan boy would, I’m just saying that my drives are working great — like a Swiss clock. Yaa.

[forgot the classy font, again.]

Enjoy it while it last. When it comes to OCZ, that means you don't have long

also a hearty lol at using an OS that requires you to get third-party software to create a ram disk

Last edited by a moderator:

texteditor

Premium Buffalo-based Hosting
Do you have any personal examples to give us regarding that statement? I still have five Agility 3’s, the 60 GB variant, revision 2.22, and I bought them back in 2010 and they’re still huffing along just fine, no issues whatever  ^_^

I’ve also heard horror stories about OCZ but they are either just that (horror stories) or unfortunate occurrences. I’m not defending OCZ the way your typical fan boy would, I’m just saying that my drives are working great — like a Swiss clock. Yaa.

[forgot the classy font, again.]
OCZ had, fora long time, been absolutely plagued with weird destructive firmware problems that led to much higher RMA rates than other manufacturers (see http://www.behardware.com/articles/843-7/components-returns-rates-5.html)

Five Agility 3's in operation since 2010 makes you quite an outlier; you must have the same kind of luck with drives that I do with regards to failures, I have 10 or so WD Greens that have been running for years, no failed drives so far, despite how troublesome they are for many people.

amuck-landowner