amuck-landowner

Offers Section - Verified & Not

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
True, however just because I'm old enough for all this now (3 YEARS LATER) doesn't mean I was 18 then, does it?
Well, you have to keep in mind that even though you think 18 is 'older and more mature' than 15, those of us that have kids of our own... I'm sure you see where I'm going with that.

Despite the... overwhelming influx of very young 'providers', most of the folks in this (any, really) industry that can truly be called professionals are a bit older, and a bit more mature where and when it matters.  Joking around and having a pull is one thing, but younger folks need to be doubly-aware of how they present themselves if they want to be taken seriously.  Especially those that are actually doing this on their own, and not dependent on someone backing them.

TheLinuxBug

To be honest, I am not sure weather this really goes here or deserves its own thread, but I was thinking about the offers section here a bit ago and was thinking it would be a good idea to make a section called "Low End Offers" in light of the fact that a lot of people have come from LET and now the offers are pretty much combined.  Maybe set some similar limitations on the 'Low End Offers' section as there were on LET.  Allow each host to post once a month to each section, 'Low End' and 'Regular' offers, that way if they wish to do a Low End offer it will not effect their ability to still advertise their more premium products.   

I am just throwing this out there, what are your guys thoughts on this?  

Cheers!

nunim

VPS Junkie
To be honest, I am not sure weather this really goes here or deserves its own thread, but I was thinking about the offers section here a bit ago and was thinking it would be a good idea to make a section called "Low End Offers" in light of the fact that a lot of people have come from LET and now the offers are pretty much combined.  Maybe set some similar limitations on the 'Low End Offers' section as there were on LET.  Allow each host to post once a month to each section, 'Low End' and 'Regular' offers, that way if they wish to do a Low End offer it will not effect their ability to still advertise their more premium products.   

I am just throwing this out there, what are your guys thoughts on this?  

Cheer
I've done some thinking about this as well, but if you set a price limit then it just becomes a competition for the most oversold resources, on the other hand, some of the same stuff you would've paid $7 for on LEB is now $10.  A "small" VPS section would be nice in some form though.

I'm still on the fence with the non-verified vs verified, the idea still doesn't sit well with me.

amuck-landowner