amuck-landowner

OS or projects that need mirrors or torrent seeding

NodeBytes

Dedi Addict
I'm working on getting a new dedicated server set up. I am currently running an official Ubuntu mirror, a dotdeb mirror, and a couple other operating systems mirrors. I am looking to expand to open source software/projects and other operating systems to mirror or seed torrents for. I have a lot of underutilized resources and would like to get more use out of this server.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Cloudrck

Verified Provider
Think of the FOSS you use, and/or take a look around distrowatch.com, tons of forks/distributions listed that could use mirroring. But if your server isn't going to be around for more than a few years I wouldn't waste anyones time if it's just because you have free resources.

WebSearchingPro

VPS Peddler
Verified Provider
@InfiniteTech, If I had an extra server laying around, I wouldn't mind giving back to the FOSS community. I often feel bad for having to download a distro more than once, would be nice to give back in some way at least.

Hard to believe that in this world there is unconditional kindness.

kaniini

Beware the bunny-rabbit!
Verified Provider
I'm working on getting a new dedicated server set up. I am currently running an official Ubuntu mirror, a dotdeb mirror, and a couple other operating systems mirrors. I am looking to expand to open source software/projects and other operating systems to mirror or seed torrents for. I have a lot of underutilized resources and would like to get more use out of this server.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Alpine can always use additional mirrors.  See: http://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/How_to_setup_a_Alpine_Linux_mirror for more information.

amuck-landowner