amuck-landowner

OS X Mavericks

rupe

I still prefer PathFinder's implementation of tabs to Maverick's, so still won't be using Finder much. But will have to see how they've implemented tags.

I do wish they would bring back colour to the sidebar :D

Jonny_Evorack

Verified Provider
I haven't really noticed much difference to be honest...

Then again, I live mostly in the terminal and Chrome on my Mac. Don't do much more!

Cheers

Jonny
Evorack

Hassan

Verified Provider
 I like the tabs in the file manager/finder. I hope the improved battery life helps when data center visits taken longer then expectes.
So much of this. Been running it for about a week now and I've been very impressed, especially with the new tagging system.

marlencrabapple

What are all of you using for web dev? I've had this thing for a litle under a week and I've settled on Textmate and cyberduck so far, since I don't want to pay $70 for a text editor I might not like, and pretty much every single FTP/SFTP client is either abandoned or broken.

jarland

The ocean is digital
What are all of you using for web dev? I've had this thing for a litle under a week and I've settled on Textmate and cyberduck so far, since I don't want to pay $70 for a text editor I might not like, and pretty much every single FTP/SFTP client is either abandoned or broken.
Smultron. Best editor I ever used. Cyber duck is good. Mostly I use nano over ssh to be perfectly honest. Remote everything.

Last edited by a moderator:

KS_Samuel

Verified Provider
I honestly have not noticed much different in day to day use.

Battery life has improved a little and I do get a strange issue with Skype when resuming from sleep.

Was quick to install and no mess. So I'm happy.

I tend to use ZendStudio. But it was a work purchase. I really like it though and works pretty well on Mac so if you can afford it then it's worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raymii

One thing I dislike is that the dock has a different colour than in mountain lion when it is on the left or right of the screen. Battery life improvements? Haven't noticed much yet, for the rest, quite stable.

marlencrabapple

Managed to get a full 8 hours out of Mavericks on a rMBP 13" with constant usage at work yesterday. Not sure what's more surprising, me working for 8 hours straight without a break or having a laptop come anywhere near its advertised battery life with regular usage.

amuck-landowner