amuck-landowner

Paleo diet

marlencrabapple

I managed to lose maybe 20 lbs doing keto which is basically atkins, which is basically paleo minus the sugar, and I was eating a ton of food. I think there's really something to the whole no carbs/ketosis thing.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I managed to lose maybe 20 lbs doing keto which is basically atkins, which is basically paleo minus the sugar, and I was eating a ton of food. I think there's really something to the whole no carbs/ketosis thing.
Was just reading up on that today. I think I could afford to drop 20-30 lbs. I used to be under my healthy weight for my age and heigth, but now I'm a bit over it. Would like to diet + getting a workout bench.

Keto seems nice because I can still eat food that I find palatable and pleasing, for the most part.

How long did it take you to lose the 20lbs with keto? Did you also mix in additional things like exercise and activity where you may not have done it before?

I've got a rack of pants that I can't wear because they're size 32. I'm too cheap to buy new pants when I've got perfectly good ones hung up. I think losing 20lbs would let me go back to 32. :)

marlencrabapple

Was just reading up on that today. I think I could afford to drop 20-30 lbs. I used to be under my healthy weight for my age and heigth, but now I'm a bit over it. Would like to diet + getting a workout bench.

Keto seems nice because I can still eat food that I find palatable and pleasing, for the most part.

How long did it take you to lose the 20lbs with keto? Did you also mix in additional things like exercise and activity where you may not have done it before?

I've got a rack of pants that I can't wear because they're size 32. I'm too cheap to buy new pants when I've got perfectly good ones hung up. I think losing 20lbs would let me go back to 32. :)
In terms of exercise the only thing I did more of was walking, and this was probably over the course of a few months (February through May).

I gained a lot of it back after I got a job though. After I managed to lose weight for the first time in my life I convinced myself I could also take a full time job and go to school full time and ended up having no time for my health ;_;

raindog308

vpsBoard Premium Member
Losing weight is all about calories in vs. burn out.

No doubt, it's easier to lose weight (eat less than you burn) if your diet isn't fast food.  But you could lose weight eating nothing but fast food if you didn't eat much of it (or burned a ton).  Of course, there's more to overall health than just the calorie count - you should eat well-balanced meals.

If you're geeky, try a BodyMedia sensor or similar - you can track exactly how many calories you + what food you consume on their web site.

shovenose

Verified Provider
Meh I would never bother with a diet. Especially because I've been underweight my entire life.

raindog308

vpsBoard Premium Member
Meh I would never bother with a diet. Especially because I've been underweight my entire life.
Well that's insightful.

Personally, I don't bother with ovarian cancer prevention.  Especially because I've been male my entire life.

amuck-landowner