amuck-landowner

PayPal Mistakenly Credits Delaware Man’s Account with $92 Quadrillion Dollars

DalComp

My father encountered a similar experience few years ago, with local bank though. He saw extra IDR 1.000.000.000 (~ $100.000) on his account, but disappear few minutes later.

Jade

NodeServ
Verified Provider
Haha, that's awesome. I read that on yahoo yesterday, that guy must of been so happy :lol:

fapvps

Verified Provider
What would be the point of getting all happy and excited over such an obvious error? It is not like it is your money and no one would notice such a mistake and correct it.

notFound

Don't take me seriously!
Verified Provider
What would be the point of getting all happy and excited over such an obvious error? It is not like it is your money and no one would notice such a mistake and correct it.
Definately something to fap over, even if it's not your money. ;p

Last edited by a moderator:

Damian

Verified Provider
I did banking systems for a short while! It's shocking how many errors occur on a continual basis.

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
There was a bank manager in Sweden who did something like that some 20-30 years ago.

He transfered money of his customers account to his own accounts in someother country on the other side of the globe for an hour or so, then transferred it back again.

All to collect the interest that was calculated once at midnight.

Made some good money before it was noticed and he was fired. Remebering reading about it in the local newspapers back then.

kaniini

Beware the bunny-rabbit!
Verified Provider
I'm pretty sure even if he tried to pull out a million or two it'd get caught up.  I mean it takes a few days (from my understanding) for Paypal funds to be transferred to bank accounts and even then it goes through scrutiny.  
ACH batch transfer programs are always prepared by hand.  And, you don't want to know what happens when one of the receiving banks disagrees with the batch.  They have to redo the entire batch and resubmit...

amuck-landowner