amuck-landowner

Phone verification?

TurnkeyInternet

Verified Provider
hooking it in via the invoicetemplate.tpl means you create the account and product / invoice prior to verification I presume (and run it after maxmind auto checks it?).

Would be very interested in a full solution for whmcs that works for this - the only 2 vendors listed on WHMCS as modules for this are now no longer offering it or replying to sales (phone disconnected etc).

ModulesGarden is willing to code one for reasonable money though - we are still doing manual verify's via phone after using the automated checks built in with maxmind, and our credit card gateway on top of that.

I'ts suprising there isn't something more robust already working in whmcs to do phone/text verification before the accounts even get created.  But the fact the 2 vendors on WHMCS who offered a product/module for this are now gone/out of the market (including maxmind no longer doing phone verifications / sms verifications) it must not be profitable meaning not enough demand.

rds100

Verified Provider
Yes, the customer places the an order, runs through maxmind. If maxmind allows the order there is an invoice and when the customer goes to pay the invoice he is redirected to the phone verification before making the payment. After the phone verification he is allowed to pay the invoice.

alexvolk

I have an idea in mind to code it soon (probably for free  :) ).

Maxmind fraud detection + Twilio sms/phone verification = Best fraud module for whmcs.

rds100

Verified Provider
Ok, our phone verification system is finished, seems to work fine. We have no plans to make a commercial phone verification system or anything like that - it was developed just for our own use. I won't be putting it on github or anything like that either since the code currently has some ugliness and local assumptions, but it's a good start. If anyone needs the code in order to help him make his own system - PM me.

haloelite3

Phone verification is a great idea however it can come at a cost what you are trying to get.

I personally dont have much experience with phone verification may I add, however I am listening into what any of you say.

Thanks

fixidixi

Just used duosecurity in a project. great api availability accross.. everything. but it costs a whole lot of cookies..

mehargags

from some recent research I touched base with "informatica" who claim to be No.1 in the World for ID verification services. They say they feed the Fraud record agencies world wide.

May be pricey -- but worth a look http://www.addressdoctor.com

They have email/phone/address verification

haloelite3

Although it may seem cheap per text message, it depends how much money you have coming in and how many clients you have. You do not want to find yourself losing money because of the amount of times a client logs in and etc. It also depends on the location of the client I believe due to over sea costs. Take your time, consider all the factors and make the decision after a period of time.

CenTex Hosting

Verified Provider
we use fraud records to check the order to start. If things still seem out of place we pick up the phone and call them. Most of the time we go ahead and call all customers and see if we can help with migration or anything else.

Just takes a few seconds to pick up the phone. We have our support guys do this as most of the time they are just dealing with chats or support tickets and only takes a few seconds for them to reach out.

If everything checks out we will open up a migration ticket for them.

amuck-landowner