amuck-landowner

PhotonVPS: This kind of bugged me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hsin

I know it may be silly to complain about but it does sort of leave a bad taste in my mouth.....I had been going back and forth the last few months with choosing Photonvps but one of my best friends has been using them for months and raves about them and he told me to go for it.

So I decided I was going to give them a try.

On their website,

https://www.photonvps.com/website-hosting.html

They have Cloud Servers(which I assume is shared hosting or something) and it says start free trial. No matter how many times I clicked the link it wouldn't work. SO I brought it to the attention of the company via ticket and he was like "Oh the wording SEEMS incorrect, The service still requires payment. I'll have the designers correct it on the next update"

Now a couple of things

1. PhotonVPS recently redesigned their website not too long ago. I've noticed this 'special' on the site for months now(at least since May)....Am I the first person really who has said something about that?

2. Do you not visit/look at your own site at any time?

3. It'll be corrected at the next update...Generally if there is something being misadvertised, you'd think a company would want to change it asap...not the next update(which sounds like when we get around to it)

4. Usually when something is being misadvertised and it is the fault of the company, they usually will give it to you at the price advertised or at least work out some sort of plan or something.

I'll still probably give it a go but that definitely is not a good first impression....That's like going into Mcdonald's for a Shamrock shake and they are like "Oh that sign was left up since March and it is now halfway in August..." Um you should probably make sure your advertisements are up to date. Makes me wonder if they are this forgetful with other things.....

joepie91

Usually when something is being misadvertised and it is the fault of the company, they usually will give it to you at the price advertised or at least work out some sort of plan or something.

In the EU, you are required to do so, in fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner