amuck-landowner

phpMyAdmin alternative on vps?

Minmeo

What database tools do everyone here use? phpMyAdmin sometimes does not work when I install it on a vps and I want to try something else to use that will let me import databases and modify them from a browser on a vps that has no control panel.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Adminer (open source,free) is the other popular browser based MySQL tool.  Comparison of its features to phpMYAdmin. http://www.adminer.org/en/phpmyadmin/

You could also install Webmin and use it to manage/import/export databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL

(CLI is my favorite way to manage databases, but you said browser based)

Last edited by a moderator:

bizzard

I have been moving most of my web based database management to adminer recently. Its a single file easy to manage setup. Though not having fancy features like inline edits, it does the job.

In the apache/nginx access/error logs for servers I manage, there are lots of entries probing for a valid phpmyadmin installation, which is alarming.

KwiceroLTD

Verified Provider
What database tools do everyone here use? phpMyAdmin sometimes does not work when I install it on a vps and I want to try something else to use that will let me import databases and modify them from a browser on a vps that has no control panel.
phpmoadmin?

Specify if you want MySQL or don't care what SQL server you use.

amuck-landowner