amuck-landowner

Please use time and zone

concerto49

Verified Provider
Which timezone would you want the provider to post in though? I believe everyone posts in their local timezone most cases.

You can link to a converter website, sure, but most can also look it up.

Have customers across the globe, so no single timezone helps.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I usually say something like, "At 12:00PM Noon EST (GMT -4)" for easy understanding for those not in the same timezone.

XFS_Duke

XFuse Solutions, LLC
Verified Provider
We normally use the Central time zone since we're based in Louisiana. I might start using another format though. Might make it easier.

DalComp

I usually say something like, "At 12:00PM Noon EST (GMT -4)" for easy understanding for those not in the same timezone.
I like providers that do this. Please use GMT/UTC plus or minus mark, it is much easier converting into local timezone.

A lot other providers only mention PST, CST, EST, which bring pains as I have to google to find what it means. Not to mention daylight saving time concept that I don't fully understand (tropical country here).

sv01

Slow but sure
Which timezone would you want the provider to post in though? I believe everyone posts in their local timezone most cases.

You can link to a converter website, sure, but most can also look it up.

Have customers across the globe, so no single timezone helps.
you can tell customer, your time zone but also give they link to website such as timeanddate.com (you can set your time there), if user visit that website, these website will automatic convert your date (date +timezone) to visitor timezone. hope you understand what I mean.

please take look at my link sample. and see the difference.

Scheduled Maintenance,

13:15 EDT Canada <- you set this timezone there

19:15 CEST, Sweden <- if I visit (for example from Sweden) I will see this,

vORMpTS.png

Last edited by a moderator:

johnlth93

Well i get confused too sometimes when provider use PST/EST/EDT/etc

We usually use GMT here so I've to go over certain convert site to convert time zone.

But it's not really a big deal for me so i never speak up for this matter.

Daniel

I agree. If you're going to mention a time, at least mention it with the UTC +/- Otherwise I have to Google what timezone that is. Also don't use MM/DD/YY, it's retarded.

concerto49

Verified Provider
you can tell customer, your time zone but also give they link to website such as timeanddate.com (you can set your time there), if user visit that website, these website will automatic convert your date (date +timezone) to visitor timezone. hope you understand what I mean.

please take look at my link sample. and see the difference.

Scheduled Maintenance,

13:15 EDT Canada <- you set this timezone there

19:15 CEST, Sweden <- if I visit (for example from Sweden) I will see this,

vORMpTS.png
Advice taken. Will be providing GMT and also a link in the future.

SeriesN

Verified Provider
Every single maintenance email we sent had time and Gmt -5, stated clearly.

fileMEDIA

Verified Provider
Why we don´t do that as a timestamp, e.g. 1365364800 to 1365368400. No problem any more =) Anyone can convert it in their time zones.

rds100

Verified Provider
In the announcements i post the times are usually wirtten in both local time and GMT. This should be enough for everyone who wants to convert it to their own timezone.

amuck-landowner