amuck-landowner

POLL: New forum ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KuJoe

Verified Provider
I vote for a "Rant N' Rave" forum under The Pub where post count does not increase, threads don't get bumped, and it's hidden from guests. Would make for a good place for people to rant about stuffs. My "vpsBoard and Colocrossing" thread would be a prime candidate for it. ;)

I know this wasn't mentioned, but I think that a server offers forum (dedis) would also be a nice addition. Mainly because (begin shameless promotion) my company sells both dedicated servers and vps servers, so a place to offer discounts for both types would be nice.

ShockHosting

Verified Provider
I think this forum would be good to add:

Running a VPS business forum. A place to talk about handling problem clients, issues with that businesses may face and proper ettitquette for handling particular situations.

Increhost

Verified Provider
I think a security related content forum would be great, without the "oh I have malware stuff" (that has it's room

maybe but in a section about help).

Talking topics would be stuff as:

- Software insecurity reports (as the recent WHMCS vuln.).

- Routing Security (BGP, RPKI, trusting peers, prefix hijacking, etc).

- VPS Technologies Security (what to apply/install/configure, where, why, when, in what cases,etc).

- Node Security / Dedicated Servers Security (do you use selinux? tomoyo? grsec? non-linux based OS's).

- Colo Security (Routers / Switches configurations / Best practices / etc).

To resume, a little space, for providers to exchange data about best security practices from people

who is in business and "care to share".

sysctl.conf pr0n would be a +1 !

Cheers!

NodeBytes

Dedi Addict
I would like to see an area to talk about node/dedicated hardware specific topics. A lot of this talk is dependent upon running things on a VPS, however a lot of us (a lot more than when this forum started) are running dedicated servers. It would be helpful to have an area for more technical questions such as Increhost suggested above.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Seems like hardware stuff could be placed in a, "Running a VPS Business" type forum. Wouldn't you agree?

I'll check with the others and see about implementing that soon. :)

NodeBytes

Dedi Addict
Seems like hardware stuff could be placed in a, "Running a VPS Business" type forum. Wouldn't you agree?

I'll check with the others and see about implementing that soon. :)
Not necessarily. I don't run a VPS business or an infrastructure anything like a VPS business would. I run 3 nodes that I just happen to be able to migrate VPS across, but that was not intentionally designed for load balancing.

fahad

I have changed my vote. :) . I think First one will be cool as i hate other hosting forums as they act like too much commercial . I was at some forums also at some hosting based forums. But among them vpsboard is the most favourite one to me. I come here everyday , almost every 1-2 hours !!! I like it designs and users as they are cool with much better friendly attitude. :)

I hate forums actually , but i love this one. It is most nicely sorted and clean forum. Thanks a lot Owner.

Please don't mess up by adding useless things .... :(

24/7/365

Verified Provider
One of the reasons I like this forum (and the reason I eventually de-cloaked) is because there's a much more personal feel here. It's a bit like a family and as fahad has mentioned, it's not hardcore sell.

I don't feel like I'll be berated here if I make a mistake or if I have my own opinion.

That said, I voted both for the programming forum and the business forum.

The programming forum is useful because there are a lot of technical people here and I've already seen scripts from people that could be built on and programming can be for fun (or is it just us nerds that like coding?).

The business forums would be good for people to discuss what's going on and lend a hand where they're out of their depth. A lot of us run our own businesses and we spend plenty of time on the forums. A place to go share our thoughts would be great.

wlanboy

Content Contributer
Not all dedicated server owners do run a vps business.

"Hardware" is a nice topic. I would like to see some "hardware hacks" too. Like the one "what did you do with your Raspberry Pi".

GIANT_CRAB

My vote goes to "the ability to sticky threads in offer forum", "premium/corporate membership" and having a "troll forum where you can share CP and all kinds of illegal things, including viruses claimed to be free WHMCS".

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner