amuck-landowner

[PreLaunch Special] E3 1230 / 16GB / 1TB / 5TB @ 1Gbps in Chicago for $59/month

serverian

Verified Provider
We are launching our new brand GetDedi on Monday. I wanted to offer an amazing deal before launching. We have only 3 in stock.

Specs:

Intel Xeon E3 1230 3.2Ghz

16GB DDR3 1333 MHz Memory

1TB Western Digital Black (Used)

5TB Traffic @ 1Gbps Uplink

/29 - 5 Usable IP addresses

IPv6 on Demand

Full IPMI Access

Bandwidth Graphs in Panel

Access to Local Samba Share for ISOs

Continuum Datacenter, Chicago, IL

Instant Setup

Price:

$59/month - $0 Setup

Buy Link:

https://getdedi.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=1

Last edited by a moderator:

willie

How about additional hard drives, preferably bigger ones?  I don't think I'd want a non-RAID dedi.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I am a tad perplexed by the offer.  It seems reasonably cheap, but it is Continuum. You just pulled back and withdrew from Continuum two months ago and went over to Voldemort instead.

If Continuum wasn't suitable for your other brands (the Backupsy one), why is it alright for dedicated offering?

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I am a tad perplexed by the offer.  It seems reasonably cheap, but it is Continuum. You just pulled back and withdrew from Continuum two months ago and went over to Voldemort instead.

If Continuum wasn't suitable for your other brands (the Backupsy one), why is it alright for dedicated offering?
Speculation here, but maybe still had gear coloed with Continuum / on contract and trying to recover costs and not have empty boxes there? Not sure.

SeriesN

Verified Provider

He needs more brands.

serverian

Verified Provider

Well, I'm not hiding anything. They are at Continuum, therefore they are very cheap, in fact cheapest E3s in the USA for the same specs.

Continuum is not too bad for the last 2 months. The time I migrated away, I was having daily down times. Now the worst I see is packet loss time to time. As MannDude said, I'm tied to a contract there and I wanted to cover some of the costs by offering extremely cheap dedicated server on a network that has problems time to time while I have the hardware laying around there.

You can check the smokeping here: http://monitor.tortois.es/smokeping/smokeping.cgi?target=Continuum

There is a ~0.23% packet loss for the last 30 days while BurstNet has ~0.19% which is in the same class and DataShack has ~0.10%

As you see these come with single HDD's, they cannot be used for something critical. They can be very good for virtualization learning, small website hosting with huge databases, torrenting, development, digital currency mining, etc.

serverian

Verified Provider
What is maximum number of IP can have on server.
Unlimited, with justification.

How about additional hard drives, preferably bigger ones?  I don't think I'd want a non-RAID dedi.
Sure, they are on the order form.

Is it possible to switch the hard drive out with SSD?
We can either charge you a setup fee for them or you can send your own SSD/HDD anything and we can install them for free.

serverian

Verified Provider
Perfect. How much would the setup fee for? And what SSD drives do you offer?
Any SSD you want. Setup fee is 3/4 of the original price. Again, you can ship us a SSD and we can get it installed in no time. And we can ship it back with free handling.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack

May I say this is a cracking deal, I couldn't miss out on it and had to purchase one.

Looks like there is just the one left now serverian?

nunim

VPS Junkie
Not a big fan of Continuum, once had a host try and tell me it was the best datacenter in Chicago...  but this is a great deal and I'm sure it will come with top-notch support.

amuck-landowner