amuck-landowner

Prometeus expands to Dallas, today not April 1st

texteditor

Premium Buffalo-based Hosting
Hello everyone !

As you probably know already, we launched IaaS services with all the bells and whistles (HA, fail-over, load-balancing, pay by the hour, etc) in our datacenter in Milano, Italy (www.iwstack.com).

This offers flexible virtualization for almost all possible scenarios, from cheap low end VPS to large scale deployments for professionals, but there is one thing that lacks and this is the choice of locations. We heard you and now we are heading to America!

We plan to extend our IaaS cloud over there, but only after we find the perfect location. This will need a few field tests with real load and this is where we need your feedback to help decide.

That is right, we are opening services in Dallas (TX), with two of our best selling OVZ plans with SSD in order to test the reliability of the location and the quality of the network all over the world.

Note that these services will stay in place, we do not plan to discontinue OVZ even if we choose not to deploy IWStack over there.

Plans available for now in Dallas are here:

https://www.prometeus.net/billing/cart.php?gid=18

for the DALLASZ3 plan customers with active services in good standing can use one of the following one time off discount code depending on the billing cycle of choice:

DALLAS1 for monthly billing cycle: 100% off one time

DALLAS2 for quarterly billing cycle: 50% off one time

DALLAS3 for semi-annual billing cycle: 33% off one time

DALLAS4 for annual billing cycle: 20% off one time

This mean that if you like to pay monthly you can get the first month free, with quarterly payments you get 1.5 free months and so on.

Orders will be provisioned and approved manually and provisioned in 24-48 hours max.

Thank you for your collaboration, any feedback will be appreciated.

Best regards

Salvatore

5n1p

Its beta for only existing customers so I hope they will have IPv6 soon, after they go official.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Facility?  Upstreams?  Test IP?

Congrats to Sal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dylan

Facility?
Incero.

root@dallas:~# wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash

CPU model :  Intel® Xeon® CPU E3-1270 v3 @ 3.50GHz

Number of cores : 1

CPU frequency :  3499.882 MHz

Total amount of ram : 384 MB

Total amount of swap : 384 MB

System uptime :   10:31,

Download speed from CacheFly: 91.7MB/s

Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 55.3MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 106MB/s

Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 13.2MB/s

Download speed from i3d.net, NL: 14.8MB/s

Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 16.4MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 14.7MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 65.7MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 65.1MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 60.1MB/s

I/O speed :  1.9 GB/s

Gotta say, Incero's network is impressive.

Edit: AS info for my IP is http://bgp.he.net/AS54540

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Well, I do like Incero.  

Is this just a trial run to see how it goes?   Not extremely fond of providers with rentals.  Seems to never work our correctly and seems to be what separates the good providers from the rest.

prometeus

Verified Provider
Well, I do like Incero.  

Is this just a trial run to see how it goes?   Not extremely fond of providers with rentals.  Seems to never work our correctly and seems to be what separates the good providers from the rest.
We're looking for a location for iwstack services, a cloudstack zone isn't easy to deploy and require lot of hardware so we need to be sure a location is good for our need before even think to colo something. 

Renting is the way to go in this case ;-) 

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Well...  I personally love Incero (maybe a bit biased here ;) ).  Anyways awesome news Sal!  Always a big fan of Prometeus!  

maounique

It is not only for existing customers, just that the free month only works for them.

All existing customers in good standing can get a free month on the monthly plan, i.e. no obligations, just test it. We do not allow this for others because we do not wish to have abusers there.

As for IPv6, that is indeed a problem, however, incero had a good offer with good network so we decided to go ahead anyway and test their remote hands and stability.

If everything checks out, we will manage IPv6 somehow, even if they do not wish to implement it themselves. It will not be like a native solution, but will have to do at least for a while before it really picks up and we start to see real traffic over IPv6.

One more thing: even if we do not deploy IWStack there, the servers will stay, this is not a trial or beta for customers, we are fairly confident it will be stable and we had requests for US locations for years. With the IWStack, now we feel like we have to expand, most corporate customers will need to serve both markets and have a better worldwide cover.

There are many datacenters to choose from, hopefully, at least one will have the kind of service level we need for IWStack, but, once again, this is not a drill ! It is meant to stay.

amuck-landowner