amuck-landowner

Providers - VPS Control Panel Nearly Completed

JDiggity

@24khost - So you'd trust SolusVM which doesn't even use sanitized database queries, but you won't trust a framework that's running on over 100 hacker related websites right now. (Eg: If there was a vulnerability in cPHP I'm confident those sites would be offline right now.) Also wouldn't it make sense that if joepie91 was involved in this exploit that he'd release cvm FIRST to get everyone to use it instead? (Occam's razor)
As for me we don't use Solus.  Second of all anything remotley connected to 100 hacker related sites scares me. 

joepie91

Right now with JoePie's name being attached to the solus hack ( allegedly not accusing) and the use of cphp which is his baby.  It make me weary of anything based of that.
Uhm, what?

What happened to CVM? 
Still under development. Been taking on some paid open-source work to cover my living expenses (the donations that came in for CVM simply weren't enough to cover that), so I had to reprioritize things and reshuffle my schedule. Currently starting to get used to my new schedule, with some help of the to-do list application I wrote, and you'll see development speeding up again over time as things progress. The repository can still be followed here.

JDiggity

Uhm, what?
I have heard your name thrown around in this issue.  I am not accusing you of anything as I have no first hand knowledge, but right now I am suspect of anything that is being used on over 100 hacker websites (claimed by bluevm).  I am not calling you a hacker but people who I trust not being thrilled with you makes me take a second to pause.  Sorry rather safe than sorry.

joepie91

I have heard your name thrown around in this issue.  I am not accusing you of anything as I have no first hand knowledge, but right now I am suspect of anything that is being used on over 100 hacker websites (claimed by bluevm).  I am not calling you a hacker but people who I trust not being thrilled with you makes me take a second to pause.  Sorry rather safe than sorry.
Okay, seriously - what the hell are you going on about?

ryancleary

Stop posting on drugs m8.

JDiggity

Not on drugs.  Joe's name was some how attached to this solus issue.  He advised people to give Curtis another chance.  Bluevm just made the statement that cphp is used on 100 hacker websites.  I am not accusing Joe of anything but saying right now I am very weary of anything to do with anybody who might be involved in the situation.

joepie91

Not on drugs.  Joe's name was some how attached to this solus issue. 
How?

He advised people to give Curtis another chance. 
Correct.

Bluevm just made the statement that cphp is used on 100 hacker websites.
Source?

I am not accusing Joe of anything but saying right now I am very weary of anything to do with anybody who might be involved in the situation.
There's really not much of a practical difference between "accusing someone of something" and "making posts about things that would allegedly be the case, yet are not documented anywhere else, and only give a 'I'm not sure' disclaimer later on". End result is the same.

JDiggity

look at the first post on page 2 I quoted it. 

Well until everything unfolds and we see everything, just keeping a distance.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
You do realize that CPHP is open-source, right? You can just look at the source, and judge for yourself.
Are you serious? The vast majority of the folks that make claims on something being insecure (and indeed some of the ones that post "source" and claim vulnerability) don't have the first clue what they'd actually be looking at if they saw the source, and wouldn't be in any position to judge. You could dump a load of tcl, tell them it's PHP, and they'd be none the wiser.

BlueVM

Verified Provider
Moving back to the main point instead of "I don't like this or that..."

@SkylarM

What about things like rDNS?

BlueCP will use PowerDNS for rDNS and eventually offloaded DNS for clients.

Easy import from Solus?

Yes I will be developing an import feature for hypervm and solusvm.

What OS is this on?

It is currently non-OS specific, however the installer that I have works for CentOS. Creating an installer for another OS would be fairly simple.

Account provisioning, how is it done?

BlueCP creates accounts by asking the administrator for an email address and client name. It then issues an email to that person with a one time unique activation URL. The user clicks on said activation URL from their email and is allowed to set their password for the first time. Passwords are never passed in plain text or via email.

Zen

I hope you get the funding, and I hope you're the first of the many people that promise a panel to actually release.

I assume this will be packaged with a WHMCS module, correct?

If a provider was to pay the fee, would they get access to use the product at this very moment - or would they need to wait until it's actually ready for release?

Will you be putting a demo online and pushing updates to that? I'm sure that would get a few more people interested.

Who is developing, just yourself or others? 

BlueVM

Verified Provider
@Zen - I am hoping to have a list of providers willing to back it by Friday. Those providers would pay for their license and be given access to the current source code along with updates as they are created. I will also be giving away 20 - 30 VPS for users to test functionality within the next week and I'll be developing a website for the support and administration of it.

Currently Rallias (Ronald Barnstoff) and myself are the developers. I'd like to hire on an additional programmer assuming the launch goes well.

Last edited by a moderator:

shovenose

Verified Provider
@Zen - I am hoping to have a list of providers willing to back it by Friday. Those providers would pay for their license and be given access to the current source code along with updates as they are created. I will also be giving away 20 - 30 VPS for users to test functionality within the next week and I'll be developing a website for the support and administration of it.

Currently Rallias (Ronald Barnstoff) and myself are the developers. I'd like to hire on an additional programmer assuming the launch goes well.
I'm very interested in this - can you email me [email protected]. Thanks

BlueVM

Verified Provider
@Abdussamad - You can of course change it to longer intervals... here's some stats from our current systems tracker:

Average requests per hour: 174338

Average requests per second: 48

Average viewers per 10 second period: 484

Our system does cache the data it retrieves so if there's more than 1 request for each machine per interval (Eg: 10 seconds) it just pulls it from the database.

Load average for our master node with the requests as listed above: 0.08

Increased slave load: 0.01 - 0.02

Aside from extra bandwidth usage this system is pretty efficient.

amuck-landowner