amuck-landowner

Question regarding OVH spam filtering and providers that use them.

KuJoe

Verified Provider
I used a tutorial I found online but it was a little old so I had to make a few changes to it. I don't even know if it works or not though since I haven't activated any accounts yet.

CentralHosts

Verified Provider
I would not recommend using OVHs spam filtering as if you have a false positive or need changes adjusted it will take awhile for them to have this accomplished for you. I would suggest looking at Office365 for email hosting. 

Last edited by a moderator:

KuJoe

Verified Provider
I would not recommend using OVHs spam filtering as if you have a false positive or need changes adjusted it will take awhile for them to have this accomplished for you. I would suggest looking at Office365 for email hosting.
Does Office365 offer extremely cheap remote SMTP services for outbound e-mail only? I can't find it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Office365 is a *nightmare*.  We're stuck using it at Coke... and I don't know what kind of fustercluck setup they have going on upstream, but I always end up having to use one of my personal IMAPs if I want to actually send mail to someone not on Coke's 365 group (IT claims they're not blocking anything, and they're just as baffled).

KuJoe

Verified Provider
Don't worry Ald, I have no intention of using it even if they did have what I was looking for which I doubt they do. My current setup is 100x better for my needs than a hosted solution could ever be.

datarealm

Verified Provider
have you ever tried mailcleaner?
we installed it once at a small provider who had a barracuda that bit the dust and thought it was fantastic.  would be curious how you thought it compared to ASSP.

KuJoe

Verified Provider
MailCleaner is not even remotely in my price range. They want $8.50 per mailbox, ASSP is free as is the server it's on.

datarealm

Verified Provider
They have an open source edition: http://www.mailcleaner.org/

Though it appears it hasn't been updated for 2 years, which is almost exactly as long as its been since i've looked into it.  (Did a fabulous job at the time though as a total drop in replacement for the barracuda that dropped dead)

KuJoe

Verified Provider
In that case it might be worth looking into if ASSP doesn't pan out. I really should start accepting clients so I can test it out.

splitice

Just a little bit crazy...
Verified Provider
Testing on clients? Eeek. I hope it works, and then I hope for a tutorial. :p

Ive done a bit of looking into outgoing SMTP filtering, didn't really find anything which I considered production worthy on it (with the restriction of open source / free and running on Linux). I did find spamd for OpenBSD but I haven't done anything on OpenBSD to date, and I dont really want to learn it just for spam filtering.

amuck-landowner