amuck-landowner

Quick Packet - Dual Intel Xeon L5420 - Dell CS24-SC - Dedicated Server Review

qps

Verified Provider
We had a large denial of service attack that was first pointed at one of our customers, then pointed at our web site.  We did our best to address it as quickly as possible.  During the attack, nLayer's blackhole BGP session stopped working properly, so we were unable to automatically blackhole IPs with nLayer.  We also discovered that Cogent's blackhole BGP session had been misconfigured (they messed up the config after we added a new prefix).  Cogent was fixed after about 9 minutes, nLayer may be resolved (we're working with their NOC now toward resolution).

We are bringing more capacity online with Cogent, hopefully by the end of the month.  Additionally, we're either looking to add more capacity to nLayer or replace them altogether soon.  We also are working on bringing in another provider soon as well.

As for the Twitter account, please request to follow, then open a ticket to request being added with your twitter username.  You must be a customer with active service to be added.

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Dumping nLayer... Hmmm... That's good sort of.  Lots of Nlayer in my mixes lately elsewhere.  It's hit or miss network satisfaction wise.

Reece-DM

Verified Provider
Them L5520s are crazy cheap in US, I can only get the 2.5" bay Dual L5520s (DL160 G6) for £350 ($500 ish) here in UK.
I found a few L5520's on the HP chassis in Belgium going quite cheap. Other than that they're easily £300 + over here with the bare minimum.

perennate

Verified Provider
Well, network was really solid earlier, probably going to switch back to a few RamNode VPS until they add more capacity at the end of the month; the packet loss is really intolerable, especially since it often continues for an hour (like just now).

qps

Verified Provider
Capacity is not the issue.  Unfortunately, we've had a number of denial of service attacks recently.  We apologize for the inconvenience.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Capacity is not the issue.  Unfortunately, we've had a number of denial of service attacks recently.  We apologize for the inconvenience.
Let me guess....minecrafts? :/

Your prices are solid for minecraft boxes so I honestly wouldn't be surprised.

Fran

perennate

Verified Provider
Hm, so does that mean it's going to keep happening forever? Because you mentioned you were increasing capacity, if that's not issue then what does it have to do with the denial of service attacks?

Let me guess....minecrafts? :/

Your prices are solid for minecraft boxes so I honestly wouldn't be surprised.

Fran
Well I'm sure RamNode and others host plenty of the same things, but don't have recurring hour-long packet loss across their entire network.

Last edited by a moderator:

qps

Verified Provider
We've kicked a few of the offenders off of our network, so that should help things settle back down.

amuck-landowner