amuck-landowner

QuickPacket - Dual Xeon L5520 - 24 GB RAM - 1 TB HD - KVM over IP / IPMI - 20 TB BW on 1 Gbps Port -

qps

Verified Provider
QuickPacket is pleased to offer premium dedicated servers with high-quality, major brand hardware backed by a 100% uptime guarantee.

Why Choose QuickPacket?

- Founded in 2003; registered NC Limited Liability Company.

- We are not resellers - we own all of our server hardware.

- We operate our own fully-redundant network and have IP addresses directly from ARIN.

- Data center staffed 24x7 by on-site technicians.

- We keep spare parts on-site for hardware replacement.

- We have flexible month-to-month terms that do not require a long-term commitment.

===ATLANTA=DEDICATED=SERVERS===================

Dell XS23-TY3 - Intel Dual Xeon L5520

- Dual Quad Core 2.26 GHz / 2x 8 MB Cache / HyperThreading

- 24 GB RAM

- 1 TB Serial ATA Hard Drive

- 5 IP Addresses on Private VLAN with Reverse DNS

- Dedicated KVM over IP / IPMI (uses 1 IP address)

- 20 TB Bandwidth / 1 Gbps Port 

- Unmanaged

- Located in 55 Marietta / Atlanta, GA

$69.99 per month! - Click here to Order Now!

Terms of Service - includes Acceptable Use Policy and Service Level Agreement

Note: All add-ons (network upgrades, hardware and software pricing) are listed on the order form.  If something is not listed on the order form, please contact us for pricing.

Facility Information:

- Located in 55 Marietta St NW in Atlanta, Georgia.  

- UPS and Generator backup power.

- Network providers include BroadbandONE, Cogent, and private peering.

- Ping/traceroute to 199.101.96.2. Please contact us for a test file link.

Technical Support:

- Push button reboots are provided for no charge.

- Faulty hardware replacement is included on dedicated servers.

- Dedicated servers are unmanaged.  Advanced technical support is available for $75 per hour.

Acceptable Use Information:

- TOR, Warez-related, Bulk Mail, and Spam-related activities are strictly forbidden.

- CAN-SPAM, Copyright, DMCA, and other related US laws must be strictly followed.

- Legal adult content is allowed.

- Please review our Terms of Service, which includes our full Acceptable Use Policy, for more information.

Ordering Information:

- We accept VISA, MasterCard, Discover, American Express and PayPal for payment.

- Please contact us with questions prior to ordering.

- Orders will typically be processed within 12 hours after verification.

- Promotional pricing is available for new customers or existing customers adding additional servers.

Thank you for your interest! We look forward to serving you!

Last edited by a moderator:

Nett

Article Submitter
Verified Provider
@qps How much for 4th disk and RAID card?

wdq

Quade
Could I have a Dell CS24-SC converted into one of these (move the drives from the CS24-SC to this)?

qps

Verified Provider
Could I have a Dell CS24-SC converted into one of these (move the drives from the CS24-SC to this)?
The promotion code only applies to new customers or existing customers adding additional servers.  

If you would like to move from a CS24-SC to one of these servers, our standard price of $69.99 per month would apply.  There would also be remote hands charges to move the drives over.

If you're interested, please open a ticket.

Thanks

perennate

Verified Provider
12/18/2013 12:51
Customer Service || Staff

The terms of the promotion are clearly stated in the promotion, and it is also clearly stated in our Terms of Service, which you agreed to when you signed up.

Sorry, but we do not offer refunds. The payment will automatically be applied to your next invoice with us if you decide not to reorder the new server.

Thanks,

QuickPacket, LLC

https://www.quickpacket.com/

Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/quickpacket

Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/quickpacket

12/18/2013 12:49

Me || Client

Please refund my money to my PayPal account then.....

12/18/2013 12:48

Customer Service || Staff

Hi,

The price of the new server will be $15 per month higher ($79.99 per month) if you cancel your original service as stated in the terms of the offer because the promotional pricing is only valid for new customers or for existing customers adding additional servers.

Please advise how you would like to proceed.

QuickPacket, LLC

https://www.quickpacket.com/

Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/quickpacket

Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/quickpacket

12/18/2013 12:46

Me || Client

Hi, I entered random information for the server because I was just testing the price. Actually I want:

Hostname: atl

Name servers: not sure what these are for, if for DNS then just Google's public DNS

Initial password: 3ttGI36T

I would also like to cancel my active service at the end of its billing period.
My fault for not reading every word in their 400-word post, but they could have at least refunded my order instead of keeping my money.

perennate

Verified Provider
Also it says

14. Upon thirty (30) days notice, published on QuickPacket’s web site, QuickPacket may modify or amplify these terms and conditions as well as discontinue or change the services offered.
I received no such notice about the modifications to the agreement. I don't see any news posted anywhere about the change on their website.

qps

Verified Provider
My fault for not reading every word in their 400-word post, but they could have at least refunded my order instead of keeping my money.
It is clearly stated in the Terms of Service, which you acknowledged that you read and agreed to when you signed up:

25. Promotional pricing (including but not limited to advertised offers and coupon codes) is valid for new customers or for existing customers adding additional services. Customer agrees that if they order a new service under promotional pricing and then subsequently cancel a previously ordered service, QuickPacket may remove all promotional pricing on the Customer's account.
The payment for the new service will automatically be applied to your next invoice.

Thanks

qps

Verified Provider
Also it says

I received no such notice about the modifications to the agreement.
You just clicked that you read and agreed to be bound by the terms of the agreement on 12/18/2013 at 12:43 PM EST.  The last modification to the terms of service was on 12/4.

perennate

Verified Provider
You just clicked that you read and agreed to be bound by the terms of the agreement on 12/18/2013 at 12:43 PM EST.
Fair enough.

Still, a) I don't think most people re-read the terms of service after the first time, B) you could have made it more clear about the promotions (by showing on order page) but didn't do so, and c) you could have refunded the money to my Paypal account instead of keeping it locked up as account credit.

But whatever, probably I'll keep my server and not lose anything (especially since I don't want to lose the money that's now locked up as credit).

qps

Verified Provider
Fair enough.

Still, a) I don't think most people re-read the terms of service after the first time, B) you could have made it more clear about the promotions (by showing on order page) but didn't do so, and c) you could have refunded the money to my Paypal account instead of keeping it locked up as account credit.

But whatever, probably I'll keep my server and not lose anything (especially since I don't want to lose the money that's now locked up as credit).
The terms of our promotions are not new (I found a post on WHT with the same language from March 2012, but it could go back earlier than that).  We started the rule about the promotional pricing because we started having a lot of abuse of the promotions we were running.  Every time there was a new server config, some customers would jump to the new promotion, cancelling the old promotion.  This creates a lot of extra work for us and costs us money in hardware, manpower, etc.  We aren't willing to give promotional pricing and eat those costs.

We do allow existing customers who want to upgrade to move to the new hardware the option if they would like to pay the regular price for the hardware, which is still a great price for this server at $69.99 per month.

I'm sorry for the confusion about our promotional pricing rules, but hopefully this clears things up.

perennate

Verified Provider
Look at Burst.Net's method of informing customers about their promotion policy. They have a checkbox on the order page that explicitly states it to avoid any confusion, and requires the customer to check the box. If you care then you should do the same.

qps

Verified Provider
Look at Burst.Net's method of informing customers about their promotion policy. They have a checkbox on the order page that explicitly states it to avoid any confusion, and requires the customer to check the box. If you care then you should do the same.
It's stated in the offer and in the terms of service and we're satisfied that these are sufficient.  

DigitalPure

Would you be willing to extend this offer to a new client?  

I am in the market for a dedicated serer in the next few days and is in my budget.

David

qps

Verified Provider
Would you be willing to extend this offer to a new client?  

I am in the market for a dedicated serer in the next few days and is in my budget.

David
Sorry, but this promotion has ended.

Thanks for your interest.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Edited to reflect the end of promotional period (upon request from @qps ).

amuck-landowner