amuck-landowner

Race to the Bottom News: 2GB RAM, 2IPs for $1.67 monthly

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Forget 2GB/$7 monthly, the new standard to beat is 2GB RAM and 2 IP addresses for $1.67 monthly.  Forget annual payments, the new trend is paying up front for 3 years.  Yes, this is in reference to the LEB Cyber Monday special.

Comments? (suggested comments: is this profitable? is someone desparate for cash? who in their right mind would pay 3 years upfront...especially to a provider who has been hacked numerous times , etc) :p

Erawan

There's a debate about the OpenVZ and KVM like this :

"If you can provider 1GB or 3GB KVM for $7/month, then come back and talk to me.

I believed someone might still remember that word :)

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Haha, oh god. If they're around in three years, your data is leaked even more times and performance remains halfway decent then it's a good deal.

I'm not a betting man and that's not a set of dice I'd like to roll, though.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Hey guys.

Hey guys.

The only reason why we can do this is because we have a great deal with our upstream providers!

</sarcasm>

tchen

They were selling those for $30/yr not long ago. I had a whole set of them. Can't say I'm disappointed or anything. They work as advertised which is a lot more than I can say for some LEB providers.

earl

From what I have noticed it's only companies that are about to go belly up that offer these type of promos.. Not implying that CVPS is closing shop, but hey you never know.. 3 years is quite the commitment!

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Comically enough $60 is higher than the price limit allowed in LEB's rules.

It must be under USD $7 per month for monthly billing, or USD $48 per year for yearly billing (~USD$4/month).
Well, then again, maybe it fits.

Last edited by a moderator:

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I think it's more to get people talking about them than anything. Obviously offering these at a loss.

notFound

Don't take me seriously!
Verified Provider
I wonder what their incentive to do this is, there ain't much profit unless they're just trying to fill IPs and get more before there is practically none left.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Comically enough $60 is higher than the price limit allowed in LEB's rules.

Well, then again, maybe it fits.
Per year is the key. His pricing comes in at $20/year which is under the $48/year mark.

There is no limit on years committed as it was never needed. I'm not aware of any other sale that has required > 1 year commitment.

Francisco

EDIT - fixing grammar

vRozenSch00n

3 years is too long for a commitment like that, especially when the economy is unstable and inflation rate increment slowly but in an unstoppable pace.

peterw

Look to the vps offers two years ago. I would have to kill myself if I had bought a 2 year contract.

GIANT_CRAB

Talk to me when your 32GB RAM KVM VPS with 10000 dedicated 1000GHz cores, 1000TB SSD disk and unlimited bandwidth 1000gbps port offer is cheaper than domain registration for ".tk".

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Forget 2GB/$7 monthly, the new standard to beat is 2GB RAM and 2 IP addresses for $1.67 monthly.  Forget annual payments, the new trend is paying up front for 3 years.  Yes, this is in reference to the LEB Cyber Monday special.

Comments? (suggested comments: is this profitable? is someone desparate for cash? who in their right mind would pay 3 years upfront...especially to a provider who has been hacked numerous times , etc) :p
I saw shithead's offer on LEB.   What a damn joke.

3 year term?  Come on, companies don't last 1 year in this industry.  Just because CVPS has been around doesn't mean they are going to be.   Why?  Cause their ceiling has been hit.   They will have trouble maintaining recent subscriber numbers in light of the resources required to service customers and the neverending public failures (been hacked?).

I expect to see the Buffalo "hosts" go the multi year route to attempt to sell anything.   I mean look at the depths these folks have sunk to this year?  1 company with upwards of what 15 offers on LEB?  Then you have multiple other CC owned or CC invested in companies machine gunning ads up.

Go ahead tell me this is some record setting year and everything is wonderful.

As Pie said, these deals are only doable where the provider has some extra special relationship / low low operating costs / is part of the "datacenter" operation.

dano

I just chuckled when I saw the cvps offer on leb today - I wanted to read the comments, as that is always the best part of a cvps offer :)

amuck-landowner