amuck-landowner

Real-time Global DDOS Map

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
I'm sure that's been posted before on here. At least on IRC quite a few times.

It gets hypnotic after watching for a while though..!

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Haha yeah I posted it.  It's really cool and nifty!  

It's not actually a DDoS map but just hacking attempts at the Honeypot systems setup by that company.

It's a really cool map either way :)  I left mine open for a while and saw the top two countries that were sending out attacks were Canada and China.  Top two targets?  Canada and USA 

Last edited by a moderator:

tonyg

Yea, that link has seen its way around most forums.

From what I remember reading, there was not a whole lot of accuracy in the data gathered. There was a lot of generalizing.

It's mostly a lot of fluff...but it sure does make a nice visual!

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
At best it's a DoS map - it's not really showing any distributed attacks.
haha it's not a DDoS map or a Denial of Service attack map at all. It's a map showing where network attacks are coming to and from (you can see which ports they are targetting on the bottom right corner) and what services they are attacking on the honeypot. If it was a DoS attack then the little log screen on the bottom left hand corner would be going off the charts from the same (or Different if distributed) IP targetting a single IP/Range/Company/Location ;)

SPINIKR-RO

Verified Provider
Interesting to see all the ddos activity to and from the Ukraine, while a civil war is ongoing.

It would be nice if the company had more geographically dispersed honeypots. It seems that most of their honeypots are hosted in the USA and as a result most of the attacks appear to be targeting the USA.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
It would be nice if the company had more geographically dispersed honeypots. It seems that most of their honeypots are hosted in the USA and as a result most of the attacks appear to be targeting the USA.
Haha I can agree with that. Although again I wouldn't be too surprised if the US was the major target for everyone. Remember this is apparently only 2% of all attack.

Honestly though, I think it's just for show really. If we could get access to the actual data available then I'd love to get some kind of an analysis on them :D

lowesthost

Verified Provider
Its that  great cinematic  movie from the 80's  (sarcasm)

War Games

" Want to Play A Game"

MonsteR

It's pretty surprising how much DoS/DDoS is going out now really. Pretty sad but that is why as a industry we are required to adapt and strive and improve our Network infrastructures to deal with all types of attacks.

amuck-landowner