amuck-landowner

Recommended Wordpress plugins?

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Hey there,

I'm setting up a Wordpress blog for a little dev project of mine and haven't used it in quite a long time. Curious as to what plugins people are recommending nowadays. There are way too many to choose from and too many similar ones that are all rated highly. Just looking for basic security and SEO related things. And any other recommended plugins I'll take a look at too.

k0nsl

Bad Goy
Right off the bat, to combat spam —  a combination of these:

1. AP HoneyPot (horribly outdated, but it works or you can refine it)
  2. Stop Spammers Spam Control (updated regularly and works by connecting SFS db; also giving you the option to report to them)
  3. WP-SpamShield (ditto, regularly updated and has spared me quite the load of spam)
...apart from that I would obfuscate my installation in as much as possible so as to not advertise that you're using WordPress  ;) 

clarity

For SEO, I think that WordPress SEO by Yoast is the best plugin currently.

The JetPack plugin has been gaining lots of popularity. The Akismet plugin is widely used for spam comment control.

Other than that, I only have plugins that are custom to my setup. The Nginx Helper plugin, Use Google Libraries, and YOURLS Link creator are some other ones that I have installed at this time.

tk-hassan

For SEO "Yoast Plugin" is definitely the best and for security my personal favorite is "BackupBuddy" , "Wordfence" is also a very good option. And if you need a social media plugin then I suggest you "Floating Social Media Plugin"

bizzard

WordPress SEO by Yoast is among the best SEO plugins for Wordpress. On security side, I recommend iThemes Security (Formerly Better WP Security) and Wordfence.

Its always better to keep backups and for that, I use BackUpWordPress. 

samK

• HubSpot.
  • DragDropr.
  • Yoast SEO.
  • WooCommerce.
  • W3 Total Cache.
  • Jetpack.
  • Monarch.
  • Google XML Sitemaps.

amuck-landowner